DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 16 crew cab 4wd Sport about a week ago. Since then I have been making it my own! First tinted the front windows, then added some bilstien 5100’s set at 2.1. The next morning I had a low tire. Took a look at it and it was a plug that was leaking. The tires weren’t in great shape and not what I wanted anyway so I decided now was the time for all new tires. Ended up going stock size BFG KO2’s. Next was the drivers seat. I am 6’5” but used to driving sports cars and don’t like being ‘far’ from the wheel. What that meant in the truck is I needed more leg room. I found the limiter on the power seat that stops the upward movement of the front of the seat and removed it. I would say it added about a 1/2 inch of added lift to the front of the seat.

Glad to be here and reading this forum turned me away from front spacers and toward the 5100’s. Couldn’t be happier.

Next step will be replacing the upped control arms. Not because I am scared the OEM ones will fail but because I ripped the boot on the drivers side ball joint trying to separate it ?

In picture 3 you will see the white limiting spacer. Picture 4 you will see it is now gone. Small chisel and a couple whacks and it cracked into 2 pieces and cane off

Attachments

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
Looks good. Have you done an alignment on it yet?

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
After you replace the upper control arms you'll need to get an alignment again.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Any time you replace control arms, ball joints, tie rods, or shocks, you should get an alignment

1 - 6 of 6 Posts