DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the new truck. Coming from 2006 5.9 Diesel.

Few questions.....

Is there any way to have the horn “beep” when unlocking doors. I got it to sound when locking. Can’t see how to get it to sound upon unlocking

Is there any way to have the backup camera stay on all the time. Not just in reverse

Any hints and tips on this new truck would be greatly appr3viated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can go into the controls tab on your uconnect radio and click on reverse camera to show it whenever you want.

I'm not sure on the horn during unlock. That drives me crazy so I have it just flash the lights.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Horns not beeping on unlock is considered a safety feature. So someone doesn't know you are unlocking and getting into your car if they are stalking you (just one example of a time you might want your unlock to be silent). Since you can't turn the honk off on an as needed basis they disable it all together. I am sure they could have made it 1 click unlock driver 2 clicks unlock all 3 clicks honk but then what if you want just driver and honk. They decided it was better to just not have honks with unlock.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I really don't like pulling into a parking lot and have so many horns honking because people are locking their doors. It also draws un-needed attention to them. I turn the feature off on all my vehicles and just use the light flashes for locking/unlocking.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I really don't like pulling into a parking lot and have so many horns honking because people are locking their doors. It also draws un-needed attention to them. I turn the feature off on all my vehicles and just use the light flashes for locking/unlocking.

Same here

·
Registered
7 Posts
My horn honks on lock, and not on unlock. Came that way. I am going to shut off the honk on lock when I get a chance. 2018 Express

1 - 7 of 7 Posts