DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks. Just wanted to say I am from the 2014 Ram section and I got the 2018 yesterday. Crew cab 4X4 with Air suspension. 5.7 Hemi. I got plenty of tips while in the 14 section and will welcome any tips for my new one. I am currently reading the existing threads for info. Thanks for any help and I am glad to be here. Sandyman

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade! The truck looks great in Delmonico Red, it's a classy color.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hello folks. Just wanted to say I am from the 2014 Ram section and I got the 2018 yesterday. Crew cab 4X4 with Air suspension. 5.7 Hemi. I got plenty of tips while in the 14 section and will welcome any tips for my new one. I am currently reading the existing threads for info. Thanks for any help and I am glad to be here. Sandyman
Hmmm - reuse your 2014 tips because I dont think anything has changed. That's the reason why I don't think it makes since to have seperate subforums for each year. It could be Gen 4 2009-2013 and then maybe a separate one for the "facelift" 2014-2018. To have seperate subforums for each individual year is not only redundant but there may be useful information not being communicated because it resides in the 14 section when you have an 18 etc.

In any case congratulations and welcome to the longhorn club.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm - reuse your 2014 tips because I dont think anything has changed. That's the reason why I don't think it makes since to have seperate subforums for each year. It could be Gen 4 2009-2013 and then maybe a separate one for the "facelift" 2014-2018. To have seperate subforums for each individual year is not only redundant but there may be useful information not being communicated because it resides in the 14 section when you have an 18 etc.

I agree with the subforums idea. I am on a Ford forum for older trucks of which I have two. Your idea is used there and I find it very beneficial for all. What do we have to lose by more knowledge and information. Anyway I'm glad to be here and hopefully can contribute when I get my feet wet with this one. Sandy

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Hmmm - reuse your 2014 tips because I dont think anything has changed. That's the reason why I don't think it makes since to have seperate subforums for each year. It could be Gen 4 2009-2012 and then maybe a separate one for the "facelift" 2013-2018. To have seperate subforums for each individual year is not only redundant but there may be useful information not being communicated because it resides in the 14 section when you have an 18 etc.

FIFY

But yes I agree. I have been trying to get this place reorganized so we have a generation forum for each gen (which are actually already created, just can't be posted in, and then either year forums under each or just one GD section for the whole gen.

*Maybe if enough people bring this up in the tech support forum we can get traction on this* :158:

https://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

1 - 5 of 5 Posts