DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here it is...went in very easily. Seems very solid, thick plastic and a HUGE filter. Drove it this morning and at lunch, and all I can say is wow!
I had a Volant on for a test run, and this feels stronger. Definate imporvement on the throttle response.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
looks sweet dude confrats on the new mod

·
Registered
941 Posts
I hear a lot about not having any hard 90 degree bends on a cai but it looks like a few there. The way the air would hit the front air dam and be forced straight up into the hood and the 90 shot to the throttle body. Just an observation, I'm sure they did their homework and didn't rush this out, just seems to go against everything i've read about cai's on here, besides the ram air effect.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The air horn on the throttle body is shaped like a funnel and pulls air in from 360 degrees. The air gets into the intake and enters from the whole enclosure...
I talked to the designer today, and they flow tested the design to support up to 700 RWHP, way more air then we will ever need.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
I hear a lot about not having any hard 90 degree bends on a cai but it looks like a few there. The way the air would hit the front air dam and be forced straight up into the hood and the 90 shot to the throttle body. Just an observation, I'm sure they did their homework and didn't rush this out, just seems to go against everything i've read about cai's on here, besides the ram air effect.
Smooth transitions are obviously best like you are saying, but I've actually been a part of some testing with fluid flow through pipe and although fluids act differently than gasses somewhat, the concept is similar. The frictional losses from bends are typically very minimum, and are usually not even accounted for as they are so small, they are considered minor losses.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks fricken mean bro, I guess if u combine an challenger style hood to it well add to the affect. Looks real good bro, might have to get me one soon.

·
Registered
292 Posts
your truck is comin along great. i know you do a lot of homework before your purchases. so i am pretty sure this is another step closer to slicks, wet shot, or any other thing you dragsters put on these trucks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
How loud is it? Compared to stock and to the Volant? Also easy driving compared to WOT?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its actually a little quieter than a Volant. The air comes in up front, so it only sounds throatier. Not too much louder. I love it so far, it pulls like a different beast now. REALLY enjoy long on ramps! :)

Gears and TQ Converter are next up.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That was definately something I looked at, but way too much for me money wise...Maybe one day after I get all the other stuff done. I am pretty sure I want some kind of boost, so it would be wasted money for me.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
looks great Timmy..if they could make the same type for the 3rd Gens i would seriously think about getting one...

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Freddie...I don't think this one will have any flimsy mounting issues of the third gen. Its a beast so far!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts