DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - so I upgraded from a '12 1500 to a '14 2500 - mainly to pull my 7k lb bumper camper trailer. My '14 has air bags on the rear - something even the dealer didn't know. I've never had them before. I assume there is no compressor, because the valve stem is positioned right above the bumper/tailgate gap.

Whats some recommended air bag pressures to start with to find that sweet spot when I DON'T pull a trailer, and do any of you all use the air bags (assuming minimum pressure) when pulling a camper (which I have yet to set up with my '14).

Also - she seems to ride a bit rough, assuming the air bags will help (currently the bags have no air pressure in them apparently as the guage doesn't read). Yet my rear tire pressure is 85s and fronts are 72s. I've never ran ANY tire near those pressures....

Any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
When not towing or hauling the airbags i use are just inflated to around 10 psi. When towing it depends on the load. My setup does have a compressor and the manual lines at the bumper as well so you should check to see if you have one anywhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts