DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just set up an appointment to have an Avital ( Made by DEI, maker of Vyper etc) alarm system installed on Monday. It just amazes me that RAM does not include a security alarm as standard at least on all Big Horn models. If you get lucky and find one on the lot with the remote start and security package, great. Otherwise, your SOL. So Monday I am having the system installed ($229 complete out the door). I will let you all know how it goes. Anyone else install an aftermarket system after purchase?

2012 Big Horn 4x4

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice looking truck. Its great to see all these new RAMs find homes. I got a Laramie and it has a stock security system, don't know how good it is, but I live in a small town and leave the keys in it and unlocked most of the time so it don't really matter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Security

Thanks....the Laramie comes standard with the security system. The Big Horn did not. Dealer didnt have one in a color I wanted with the security system. So, off to the installer I go. Its pretty safe here, but it will give me an added peace of mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts