DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone else has had problems with the rear sliding window. Bought the truck in Dec.2011(brand new 2012) and never had a need to open the rear slider up here in upstate NY. (too cold). Just tried it today and does not work???? Also having paint issues. Truck is black, but gold/brown flecks are showing thru clear coat in bright sun on the hood. Looks like not enough paint or metallic bleeding thru. Dealer has to repaint hood. WTH ! I love the truck but never had these problems with the (2:doh:) F-150's I owned.

·
Registered
132 Posts
rear sliding window should be warrenty just take it to the dealership and they will deal with it. the gold/brown flake i beleive is a the metallic flake added to the paint to make it sparkle. whats your paint code? found on the inside of your drivers door below the VIN bar code.

·
Registered
360 Posts
If its a 12 it has the True black PX8 or something like that, there shouldn't be any sparkles in the paint at all. But there are alot of defects in the paint off these trucks. I did a hand wash and wax on mine today and found at lease a dozen defects from dirt in paint, to uneven paint, etc. But If you don't look REALLY close, in good light you wouldn't even know it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a black 2012. Just used the rear sliding window the other day with no problem. As for the paint I have not found any problems. But I do hear complaints about it. Afraid to look very close now

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paint & power equipment

Thanks for all the feedback guys, as an update, rear slider started working on its own after wife drove truck (go figure), must have "sweet talked" it. Anyway, brought truck back to dealer and they repainted & cleared the whole hood and did a great job. Painter,(with 35 yrs. experience) at the shop said it appeared not enough paint was applied at the leading edge of the hood. Took VIN# and production run #'s so robotics at the factory can be adjusted. MY bitch is this, why wasn't this caught at the factory before shipping? Quality control, HELLO! rest of the paint appears OK except for some orange peel on the door jams. This stuff will kill a manufacturers reputation. They did so many things right, but this kind of stuff will over shadow it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rear sliding window

Just an update, rear sliding window has stopped working for almost a week now. Never thought I would be happy about this, but I am. Am bringing the truck to the dealer this Saturday to have it looked at. Last (2) times I went it was working , so they couldn't diagnose the problem. Hopefully now they can. :doh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts