DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to walmart last night, visited the auto section. Saw some cheesy fans. about to see how well they work.
I will not really "hardwire" them in, but more hardwired than what they come with.

i bought 2 fans and a 3 way 12v outlet with switches that also glows blue.

locations are either on the vents or ontop of the pillars, i havnt picked one yet. switches are on the dash or somewhere around that.

Lets see how long they last! i admit they look pretty cool.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
ha those are pretty neat. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
clean intallation complete!! (pics)

obviously it was nothing crazy hard at all. Just popped out the dash and tucked in the wires. Haha.

Ill try to get some pictures like this at night under a couple different LED colors.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alrighttt, night pics. With a few colors of leds on as well

·
Registered
194 Posts
alright I gotta ask... whats the reasoning for this? not trying to be an ass, just couldn't think of a reason for little fans over the ac vents when there is ac... or does it blast the cold air at you more?

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
alright I gotta ask... whats the reasoning for this? not trying to be an ass, just couldn't think of a reason for little fans over the ac vents when there is ac... or does it blast the cold air at you more?
I think its more of he is just young and wants the lights and it is different. I remember a few years throwing the neon lights under my dash lighting up my feet in my first car (heck some of my friends still have it).

Personally I wouldn't do it just because I never use my vents/fans/AC anyways, but I think it looks pretty cool and have never seen it done before. Now you just gotta follow the way to some grill LED lights:smileup:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think its more of he is just young and wants the lights and it is different. I remember a few years throwing the neon lights under my dash lighting up my feet in my first car (heck some of my friends still have it).

Personally I wouldn't do it just because I never use my vents/fans/AC anyways, but I think it looks pretty cool and have never seen it done before. Now you just gotta follow the way to some grill LED lights:smileup:
Heck yeah, i actually don't have interior lights for the foot wells yet. (don't worry, they're coming up!) And i already have those awesome grill tubes haha.

I can dig it. Just Dont drive around with those on. Local L.E.O's Will have a field day with the blue lights.
I usually have my green interior and underbody on as well and it kinda blends in the Blue, but yeah. i have a glowing blue box on the dash so it coullddd be a problem haha.

haha no harm! the point is that i was at walmart (it was actually Meijer, now that i remember) and we saw them and i bought them for kicks and giggles. AND the fact that my AC doesn't work. No big deal cause i usually have my windows down, but if i get a phone call i have to roll them up and the fans usually keep it at a bearable level. But for a functional level, they're not very high powered fans and windows or AC works better. but they look pretty cool and for 35 bucks id say they got the cool factor worked out. :LOL:

Reactions: RansRAM

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Kewl factor, indeed. I think those are a first, drummer.

Reactions: Grubrunner

·
Addicted to the Z
15,440 Posts
A mod is a mod is a mod, or something like that. Pretty cool idea (no pun intended). If it helps to keep the cab cool and also look cool, why not. Good job and correct I do believe you are the first on here to do something like this :smileup: :rep:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts