DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're married you'll understand this. So because my wife went out and bought something useless I get to begin mods to the truck.

I've been looking around The Z as well as many other parts websites a d really dont know what I like. Volant looks good but they don't make them for 2012 but the Airaid and AEM also look good. What do y'all think is top line?

Coach

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I went with Vararam. The intake they have for the 4th Gen trucks looks awesome and has numbers to go with it or you return it for a full refund...sounds like a no loss to me.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've been married for 33 years but don't understand your logic.

I know several guys who've installed CIAs and non of them have noticed any power or fuel milage increases. But go ahead and buy one then you've both got something useless and it can end there.

·
Registered
48 Posts

I know several guys who've installed CIAs and non of them have noticed any power or fuel milage increases. But go ahead and buy one then you've both got something useless and it can end there.

while there may be no increase in milage the CAI does 2 things that are awesome and are much cheaper than the alternatives. if you want your truck louder this will do it with out haveing to pruchase a exaust system. the filters last a reallllly long time. saves you money both ways!
i personally love my volant CAI on my 2012. it has made me very happy.

:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
while there may be no increase in milage the CAI does 2 things that are awesome and are much cheaper than the alternatives. if you want your truck louder this will do it with out haveing to pruchase a exaust system. the filters last a reallllly long time. saves you money both ways!

Where did you get your volant? I looked all over their website and they only have the 2011s. Nothing for 2012. Unless the 2011 works for the 12 as well?

·
Registered
487 Posts

I know what you are saying but I'm not sure how much money is saved when one has to spend money simply to have a louder intake sound. :)

To me intake and exhaust do not have the same sound. Cheers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know what you are saying but I'm not sure how much money is saved when one has to spend money simply to have a louder intake sound. :)

To me intake and exhaust do not have the same sound. Cheers.
you are probably right, but because i tow and live in a really quiet neighbourhood i needed a way to have it growl only when i step on it. this has fit the bill!

·
Registered
4,226 Posts

Brilliant reply!

You're kidding with this reply, correct?

Please tell me you are....

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Don't listen to these newbs. A cai WILL help performance and gas mileage. I have an Airaid and I like it very much.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts