DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my tuner today, went out to install it on my ram. it booted up, gave me the menu and let me select performance tune, as it started to load that a note came up stating that " this vehicle needs and update you can go to " such and such website to get the update and gave me a calid # and the option to continue, i didnt hit continue i just backed out of everything.

i went on diablo's site to check and see if it was the firm on the tuner itself, there was an update in march of this year. i went back out and check the firm on mine as it was booting up, i do have the most recent firm. so i called my local dealer ship to ask them if they coudl install the update on my truck. they told me " no its the tuner that needs the upday" and hung up on me.

so, can/if i hit ok would it still suck the stock tune off and install an pre tuned one or do i have to get the update ?, if i do have to get the update from diablo where to do i put in the calid # ?

Thanks for any help guys n gals !

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Just give DiabloSport a call. They can walk you through this very easily. The download is on their website.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Having just gone through the same thing on mine, I can tell you what you need to do. Hopefully you have the PC connect kit for your tuner because you will need it! On Diablosports website, in the support section, find the model tuner you have. There is a calibration tool you need to download. Once this is on your PC, you connect your tuner, choose update on the PC tool and it will do the rest of the work. Process takes about 10 minutes, but then everything will work fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts