DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting rid of my Dual 12" setup which is robbing me of my rear seat.

I finally decided on a slick Dual 10" setup box which all I had to do to install was remove my folding floor. I didn't have to raise my seats or anything.

Now to find a good set of 10" subs to fit in this box.

Newly Acquired Box:

10" Speaker Choices, NEED INPUT BOYS
I love my Type R's but I want to try something different. What do you think?

Alpine (4ohm + 4ohm) $199.99

OR

Polk Audio ( Dual 4ohm coil) $119.99

OR

MTX (Dual 4ohm coil) $199.99

·
Registered
171 Posts
I ran type R's and now type X's and i would go with the type R's. What amp/amps are you going to run and what is the RMS of those R's?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran type R's and now type X's and i would go with the type R's. What amp/amps are you going to run and what is the RMS of those R's?

I have Two Mono Alpine Amps- they push 550W at 2 ohms. Thats why I need the Dual 4ohm coil subs so I can get them to run at 2 ohms.
Each sub will have its own amp

The type R's love it around that, I am currently running two 12" Type R's but I have no backseat! Thats my only Issue

·
Registered
171 Posts
That is a great setup :) I know you can't wait to install everything. I currently run 12" type X's with a Kicker 750.1 on each and I love Alpine and kicker, really solid components. I'll have to post a pick of the amp rack and subs one day. Just don't tell anyone that system is in my chevy Lol.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Bourdin, how much space is left between the box and the underside of the seat?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Bourdin, how much space is left between the box and the underside of the seat?

To be honest theres not that much room to play around with. The rear of the seat basically rests on the rear side of the box than right at the front of the box I have maybe 1/2 to 3/4" clearance between.

Where the subs are, they are directly under the seat. So there is no support just basically fabric. I am not to worried about the subs pounding the seat to bad.

I can't really give a 100% review until I get the subs and actually try them out.

UPDATE
Just ordered my Type R's. They have a new design a 20% depth reduction and the operating wattage is upgraded too. 2-7 business days for delivery, They only have 1 at the moment so the other will be shipped out as soon as it arrives.

Can't friggen wait! Girlfriends not to impressed with this recent purchase, but hey its my money!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a great setup :) I know you can't wait to install everything. I currently run 12" type X's with a Kicker 750.1 on each and I love Alpine and kicker, really solid components. I'll have to post a pick of the amp rack and subs one day. Just don't tell anyone that system is in my chevy Lol.
Would love to see your system man!
Those X's probably cost you a good chunk of change eh, I know there not cheap.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I cant wait to see the R's and get a report on how they sound. I'll try to snap a couple of pics tomorrow. I actually got a descent deal on the X's at $275 each on ebay through sonic eletronix.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Would love to see your system man!
Those X's probably cost you a good chunk of change eh, I know there not cheap.
Here's two pics. Tried something different with one sealed and one ported box and it actually worked quite well. The 750.1's were certified 905 watts and 923. That's why I like kicker amps there very under rated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's two pics. Tried something different with one sealed and one ported box and it actually worked quite well. The 750.1's were certified 905 watts and 923. That's why I like kicker amps there very under rated.
That looks pretty sick man, even for being in a chevy ha jk

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Lol thanks Btw the amp in the middle is an old US acoustic 4 ch and it's still working after 17 years.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol thanks Btw the amp in the middle is an old US acoustic 4 ch and it's still working after 17 years.
Its hard to beat the old school quality out of some things. Things were made to last back then, but 17yrs and still kicking. Thats pretty damn impressive

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, got one speaker from purolator today!

The other one is on backorder right from Alpine so who knows when they'll be in!
This one will be getting installed tomorrow, see what she can do

·
Registered
171 Posts
Very nice! those will really move some air! Thinking about a fastman TB. Which one did you go with?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very nice! those will really move some air! Thinking about a fastman TB. Which one did you go with?
85mm Opening to 80mm Bore is the TB I went with!

But WOW is all I got to say about these new 10" Type Rs. I think this single 10" pounds the same as my older Dual 12s.

I did have to do some sanding (dremel came in real handy) to fit the subs in the box. They were still a touch large lol But other than that they are awesome!!

Still waiting on my second one, than Ill make a video for you guys! Should be here by next week

Here are some teaser pictures, the grill is there just for now, until I find a better looking one. Even with the grill on you can sit on the seat and not feel anything, except a good vibration:shy: lol

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where did you put your amps now?
Don't look at the messy wiring yet, but the amps are just stashed behind my sub box there.

Once its all complete I will be able to tidy her all up and we'll be set.

The amps are small enough to still hide in the back there without causing any problems

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks on the TB info. Looking good! I know its hitting hard plus your running RMS to each one :smileup: A video would be cool. For me the wiring always seems to be a pain in the arse as far as hiding all the patch cables and power.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts