1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Welcome to the forum! you will find a ton of great info, lots of friendly and knowledgeable members and many interesting ideas for mods!

I have not installed one but apparently the hardest part is cutting out the old exhaust with a saws all. I could be wrong but I think the 40 series is pretty loud. The guy who owns the custom auto shop in town has a flowmaster 44 muffler, vibrant tips and shes pretty loud on his 03 hemi. I am getting my exhaust done tomorrow, vibrant 1 in 2 out muffler and 3" vibrant tips. Good luck with your exhaust!

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
The stock exhaust is pretty decent, you ought to just replace the muffler and save the money, and it'd perform the same. Unless the tailpipes were replaced previously and are rusted...?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they are Sean, :( sadly enough one tip has fallen off, i even complained about it to the salesman at the dealer i bought if from but i got the truck at a good price so i just left it at that, and a month later it fell off, looks kinda ratty now. In acouple of weeks i will have to get something done just looking around at all the options out there, other than the pipes it looks good :) for an 03 with 77k on it

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
^gotcha. Totally understandable then to replace it. Depending on what you can spend, I'd look for stainless. I'm not sure that flowmaster is stainless, I don't think they are.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
flows are strictly a sound mod..if you like the flowmaster sound, that isn't a bad deal...if you're lookin for performance, don't consider this...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts