DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought the Ram I got the rubber floor mats with it for the front and back; the back offer good coverage including the driveshaft hump down the center, but the front were pretty skimpy.

This past winter I had a LOT of snow, salt, and sand that made it on to the carpet, which is not good, especially with black carpets. I spent some time looking through the threads for the Weathertech and suggestions of alternate mats, but ultimately, it mostly was people offering opinions and was hard for me to compare.

I decided on the Wade / Westins to replace the Ram mats for a few reasons:

1. Made in USA
2. Lifetime Warranty
3. Superb coverage including the door sill
4. Price

I got the mats in today and found that they feel plastic-y, especially compared to the heavy Ram mats. With that being said, the coverage and fit are great, so I'm hoping these will help keep the snow, salt, and sand off my carpet. I uploaded more photos to my album in case anyone wanted to see the comparison photos of the two side by side and installed. I'll attach a few photos here too.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
They look like they will work. I have the weather tech in the truck and the husky in the citadel.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
They look nice and the fit is good. Hopefully they drain nicely like the weathertech do.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bushmaster, I'm wondering how they will drain too; the Ram mats drained all over the floor because they were too small. I saw one review that said the mats drain on the carpet next to the seat if there is too much water on them, I'll have to monitor that, but one spot instead of all over the place isn't that bad I guess. I'm sure I could contour the edge with a heat gun if needed.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
My weathertechs hold quite a bit and they drain over the sill on driver's side. I just use a rag if the snow hasn't melted yet and push it out the door. Don't carry that many passengers in the winter so don't know if passenger side does the same.:LOL:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I like the look and fit of those as they certainly cover more than the Ram mats, and nice that they extend over the door sills and up the sides as well. So, definitely a brand to consider. Thanks for the post and pics!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
How much are they.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$88 on Amazon

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Despite their fairly light weight, they don't move around at all. There are two Velcro areas that attach to the door sill and they use the 2 factory hooks. I'm not sure how the Velcro will hold up, but it's super cheap to replace Velcro if needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts