DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so my question is, is there a bolt on kit to swap an 82 d150 /6 out for a carbed 4.3 and 700r4??? my /6 is just to slow and i have a fresh built 4.3 waiting to be put into something.

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
I don't have an answer for you. But my thought is that if you have enough money and talent, you can put whatever you want in to whatever you want.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I agree with money and talent. But what is needed is mesure twice cut once. And maybe some spare mounts. Like transmission mount. Also with a 700R4 trans you will need a new shifter. And also make sure it's not the electronic shift R4. They do make a stand alone computer for it so you can use a carb. Or maybe look for a 350 turbo. But the combo would be nice in the truck. Just dilagence and lots of Internet time is what is needed. Also talk to a speed shop that specializes in mopar, all of them know GM. But all I can really see as issue. Transmission mount, engine mounts. Also you will have to cut radiator fan shroud. Slant 6 is off set from the 8. The rest can be made.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts