DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the Dodge scene and bought a 2007 2wd Ram. I wanted to use the CST 4" lift spindles but they say that the stock 17" wheels will not work. I found some 17" wheels from Moto Metal that are 17x8 with a 0 offset which I assume means 4" backspacing. CST says that the wheels cannot have more than a 4.75" backspacing or they hit the spindle. These should work but my question to the forum is why do people go to such a high offset and add mud guards when it really wears down the bearing life? I would imagine that a 0 offset would be even better than stock on the bearings since even the stock offset is a little inward and they would actually protrude very little outside of the fenders. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Mostly aesthetics. A wider flush or slightly prodruding tire looks a lot better then a sunken in tire. This is just my oppinion but when you go up or go down in ride height you should go out with the wheel (lower offset) otherwise it looks goofy. The wider stance matches the increased ride height, and vise versa the flush (not sunken in) wheel/tire matches the smaller fender gap and lower stance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts