maybe get true duels down the road a bit but probably just stick the the magnaflow i have now..
on the that topic would i have to changes the whole exhaust system for true duels? or could i modify what i have?
You could have your Y turned into an X, buy to bullet mufflers have the new mufflers welded in place near where the big single is and use the stock tailpipes. That would py be the cheapest/easiest way to do duals.
thats something i will probably look into down the road, but for now i'll be using my current exhaust.
is there any advice for when i install the new headers? things i need, can i do it my self or do i take it somewhere , any tips would be greatly appreciated, im no mechanic but i can pull wrenches and have fairly good common sense, so if this is something that can be done at home id much rather do it my self then to pay someone, and i do have access to a garage bay with a hoist on sundays
oh and im thinking about going the fastman route, is there any advantage of buying from him new or just send him my tb? research says there no point of going with a bigger tb if there is no major engine mods..cams ports etc
Im not too familiar with the 05 trucks... I would start here though.
1.Disconect the battery
2. I put my truck on jack stands to get it way off the ground its nice to have the extra room. And removed the front wheels.
3. Remove the front wheel wells this will give you a ton of access to the manifold/headers
4. Now the fun begins i hope your current catback is not welded in cuz if it is then you might be doing some cutting. Remove the cat back starting from the rear making your way to the front.
5. If you made it this far then, you need to remove your stock y-pipe and dont forget to unplug the 02 sensors first!
6. If it will all fit put that exhaust you removed in the bed cuz you will need to get a local shop to fit it up to your new headers.
7. Unbolt and remove your dip-stick its bolted to the block on the driverside have fun with that!
8. Unbolt and remove the stock manifolds should be 10mm bolts again the worst side is the driverside so have fun!
9. Out with the old in with the new... bolt up the new headers.
10. install and bolt on the dip-stick!
11. This is where im a bit lost on what you are gonna do idk if the truck will run without the 02 sensors hooked up but you can try and drive it to your local exhaust shop and have them fit everything back up for you
If this sounds easy it really aint if you have a friend come help you and you use alot of penetrating lube and elbow grease.
In your case i would just take it to a local shop that has done this many times before and save yourself alot of time and heart ake.
thanks for the walkthru, my uncle is a mechanic and owns a garage so i'll probably tackle it there, but hes not one to really be doing this kinda mods, he basically just replaces mufflers exhausts ect, just fixes broken cars (as most mechanics do haha) he can be kinda cranky and doesn't like to stray to far from what he does, but if i kinda have somthing to go by and tie up his bay he will be helping me in the end. id rather not have to pay someone to do it if i can possibly help it, just dropped a good bit of coin on headers and a few other things too. i'll be taking pics so if i get stuck i'll be back asking for help lol
wont be installing them for at least 2 weeks, im in camp working, hopefully they will be waiting for me when i go on days off
Cant run just one 02 sensor you have a total of four 02 sensors 2 will plug into each header at the collector and the other 2 will connect to your cats... WITH THESE HEADERS YOU WILL HAVE TO DO SOME CUTTING AND WELDING TO MAKE THEM FIT... I would think a local exhaust shop is your best bet they shouldn't charge you more than 200-300$ unless they have to bend up all new pipe hopefully they can just cut up your stock crossover pipe and weld it all back up...
is there better y pipes then others to get, i was talking to a performance shop where i ordered my LT headers form they said they had a y pipe for about 250$ but i searched magnaflow y pipe and there coming up for around 30$ so are there different kinds of y pipes?