DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you guys that dont know or are not on other forums i want to update yall about this new intake manifolds coming out for the 5.7's. It will flow more than a ported 6.1 and will flow more than the stock eagle intakes aswell. Its all aluminum and is ported to 90mm. Starting price is $750 which i about how much a full port job on a 6.1 would cost.

Once these start flying of the shelf they will make a 6.1 style intake that will flow even more the the 5.7 for the bigger motors out there...

So here are some pics of the 5.7 version it will be released soon im not sure what company is making it but i think its high end perfomance company?

Attachments

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Wow that's a mammoth lol.

I'd assume using anything other than the stock manifold though would eliminate the variable intake runner design?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct and i would assume that this manfold will only fit the new eagle motors and it will need to be clearanced for your throttle body unless you use a spacer...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Works for the rest of us though. If you have a stroker with older style heads a 5.7 intake like that that matches the ports would be nice.
The head ports is the least of your worries you need alot of machine work to your timing case to make one of these fit the older rams...

And here is why this is a motor out of an 07 Ram with a 6.1 and there is about 1-2 inches of space with it on there that needs to be machined off the timing case...

Attachments

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
The head ports is the least of your worries you need alot of machine work to your timing case to make one of these fit the older rams...

And here is why this is a motor out of an 07 Ram with a 6.1 and there is about 1-2 inches of space with it on there that needs to be machined off the timing case...
Is that the stock one or would it work with the Inertia modified version that lets you put a 6.1 intake in a truck?

http://www.inertiamotorsports.com/motors.html

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like i said yeh you need to get a machined timing case from stu that's how you would make one fit...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep just the manifold and gaskets so you would have to get the fuel rails...

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Hmm you think they would make an option of a neck/elbow so the rams could fit it without re-routing air intake etc

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm you think they would make an option of a neck/elbow so the rams could fit it without re-routing air intake etc
I assume they dont really care about the use of this manifold on the rams but i can ask! Dint see why they wouldn't want the extra sales.

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
If they modified this or made an alternate version so that 3rd gen Rams could bolt this in without having to alter everything up front...they'd make a killing. Hell, I'd offer my truck up as a guinea pig.

·
Registered
16 Posts
the guy who designed the manifold was also the same guy who designed the 6.1 intake...the manifolds are being made over seas...(not China.) I think europe..as for making them for the ram will most likely not be anytime soon...this manifold has been in the works for over a year now for the lx and lc platform...the first batch is going to be for the 5.7 heads only then the 6.1 will follow...everybody has been asking for the dyno numbers on the manifold but they have yet to be posted...as this info would b needed to se where the powerband lies with the runner length of the manifold...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this is from back in 2011, but I just join the forum and saw this badboy!! I am goin to rebuild my 5.7 within the next month or so, just wanned to know if this thing is available for trucks yet? Or is there some other aftermarket intake for the ram out there?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
$750 for it aint too bad... If you do get one you now completly eliminate the options for off the shelf forced induction kits with out some type of fabrication or just getting a custom setup built.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts