DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I recently bought the full center console for the 3rd gen trucks, and since I'm going to be working on my interior that I might as well get everything the way I wanted. I already had my subs hooked up to a different radio, but I never got around to posting pictures. I finally upgraded to the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT, and installed a backup cam. Nothing was too tricky, but I definitely had a busy getting everything installed. So far I am very pleased with everything!

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Any more pictures of the console install? Interested to see how it mounts and fits into the dash....thinking about doing this same thing in my truck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I didn't think to take more pictures until I got everything installed. I just googled how to install it, and all I found out was that I had to unbolt the front seats and lean them back to switch out the consoles. The rest of the install I had to figure out myself. It wasn't anything too difficult, but I did lose a little bit of blood from scraping my fingers on some of the sharp metal. Driving to get my hair cut with the seats unbolted was quite fun. It definitely helped my lead foot problem lol

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,093 Posts
Nice job on your install, looking good there! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey that's the same Ram logo I have on my stereo!
Haha I think any of us with aftermarket head units have that logo. Just a little reminder for your passenger if they forget they're riding in a RAM!

Nice and clean install looks good. What back up camera did you use if you dont mind me asking?
Thanks, I tried to take my time and make sure everything was done properly. I think all of my other installs have been kinda hurried along by either work or cold weather, so I didn't care about looks as long as it worked lol. The back up camera is just some cheap camera that popped up when I ordered my head unit on Amazon. It was only $26, so I figured I'd give it a try. It fits perfectly between the bumper and the hitch. I actually don't have anything holding it there. It's been through a few car washes and down some rough roads, and it hasn't moved yet!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Looks good, nice install!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts