DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I finally got around to installing my lift and new tires. I went with something a little milder than the 6 inch lift and 37's I had on my previous cummins. I ended up doing a 3 inch front, 2 inch rear, along with the RC 1.25 inch body lift. I went with a set of 325/60-20 FALKEN ROCKY MOUNTAIN ATS tires.

Everything went smooth until I went to put the tires on. They were rubbing the upper A-arms. I ended up having to run a 1/2 inch spacer in the front to clear. The lift did throw the alignment way off but its all good now. I love the way it looks over stock. Kind of how they should look from the dealer!

I also added in a back up cam in the tailgate like they do from factory. It cost me $20 and plugged right into my LockPick!

Here are some pics. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Oh and if anyone needs, I have the stock Wranglers with only 5k on them!!!

Before

Now

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks really nice! Great job on the lift.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks awesome man!

What lift did you use for the 3 inch front and 2 inch rear?

I want to do the same kind of thing to my truck

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
lookin good bud what mods you got in mind next?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lookin good bud what mods you got in mind next?

Not really anything. Im looking for a set of the Smittybilt N-Fab Wheel-To-Wheel Nerf Steps because my wife is short. Other than that, Ive already swapped out the muffler with one of the Mufflex 14's and threw an intake on, so until someone get a programmer out, this should be about it.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
wow looks really good! way nicer stance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all, new guy to the forum. Just bought my truck 2 months ago and already been modifying it. The forum has been great help with info! I have the leveling kit on the truck now but want to do a body lift as well. Any suggestions? Has anyone here done the work themselves?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi all, new guy to the forum. Just bought my truck 2 months ago and already been modifying it. The forum has been great help with info! I have the leveling kit on the truck now but want to do a body lift as well. Any suggestions? Has anyone here done the work themselves?

The RC 1.25 inch body lift is very easy to put in. You dont have to extend the steering, gas line, ect., like with a 3 inch body lift. If you have the factory duals you will have to raise the rear hangers a bit though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice looking truck! Do you have a vibrations or wobbles in 4wd? I'm thinking of going with the same setup.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
looks great!!! may i ask why you didnt go with a more aggressive tire?

Ive ran more aggressive tires in the past and really never had a use for them. Im not offroad much so all they did was bounce rocks down the side of the truck.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts