DODGE RAM FORUM banner

new mod in the works, can you guess what it is?

3046 Views 24 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  bigreid
I got a crazy Idea that i hope works out great. actually its not a new idea i have seen many other performance vehicles with one but not the ram. heres the first picture, I will keep adding pics if no body gets it. oh and its not done yet, but hope to be soon.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
6,242 Posts
I'm with the knight rider lights..otherwise, customizing a lower valance for an air intake..

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well guess there's no since in keeping everybody guessing anymore. You guys are good. Here are the test of the pics.

Had to cut some braces out here.

I am about ready to lay fiber glass on this. Them I will remove the cardboard and tape.

It will mount in the same location as the valence did before. I have some automotive air ducting I will run from this to the air box with and adapter. For a true cold air intake. I am probably going to just run the drop in K&N until I get the funds for the AFE intake.
You guys don't think this is over kill do you. Lol

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or maybe I should have just gone with the knight rider lights haha.

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here it is after 2 layers of fiber glass

· Registered
6,242 Posts
you can never have overkill when it comes to getting air from the outside in...

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
finished the install in the ram air scoop, finished it in plasti dip, first time using it and i am pleased.

def looking at a billet lower grill to finish it off now. I forgot to take oics of the tubing and the air box i guess i will do that tomorow.

· Registered
1,533 Posts
looks great!!! nice job. guess this is the most effective way to let the engine REALLY breath!:smileup:
That hole looks really small... but im sure its very effective!

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That hole looks really small... but im sure its very effective!
It is a 3" hole, I just used what I had in the garage. I was not too worried with having a Huge hole just a way to get cooler air in. I am going to be replacing the top half with an AFE intake soon anyway.

Reactions: RamTex

· Registered
1,533 Posts
It is a 3" hole, I just used what I had in the garage. I was not too worried with having a Huge hole just a way to get cooler air in. I am going to be replacing the top half with an AFE intake soon anyway.
Yeh that is still a great little setup looks awesome great job! You should get a diablosport predator or and intune and see if your Intake Air Temperatures dropped over stock...

· Registered
430 Posts
Yeh that is still a great little setup looks awesome great job! You should get a diablosport predator or and intune and see if your Intake Air Temperatures dropped over stock...
^ Fantastic idea, I'm very interested in this as well. My aFe intake has given my great gains over stock, but I think its sucking in lots of hot air, so I'd like to do this mod. In fact, of all my mods (listed in my signature), I really believe my aFe intake has given me the biggest gain, even more so than my $1,600 longtubes :SHOCKED:

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Ouch man you got burnt on those i paid 1395 for my 1 3/4 no cats... No tax, free shipping... And that was like the week they first came out with them. Me and speedfreak were some of the first to install them i was one of the first if not the first to install them on my own...

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=54302

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.