DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well it's been a long time coming but I just got my K&N CAI, 5 pc billet grill and supreme suspension leveling kit(2.5" front 1" back). Just order some new vision warrior 375 chrome rims in 20's x 9". The leveling kit goes on Monday with a 4 wheel alignment.the kit looks good...what i liked about it is that it's solid aluminum.No welds to break. I was thinking of getting netto trail grappler LT295/65R20.....if they fit there 35.47" tall.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
:SHOCKED:those are great looking wheels...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, yeah I got them from ebay for $130 and there aluminum not plastic. I can get the venders name if you want.....and the shipping was FREE!!!! Well the last rims I wanted were discontinued too. So now I'm getting Moto Metal M0959's...available and ordered with nitto trail grappler 295/65/20's. I sure hope they fit nice.They will be here next week...to bad I won't be home for 2-3 weeks. Oh well...something to look forward to when I get back

Attachments

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Thanks guys, yeah I got them from ebay for $130 and there aluminum not plastic. I can get the venders name if you want.....and the shipping was FREE!!!! Well the last rims I wanted were discontinued too. So now I'm getting Moto Metal M0959's...available and ordered with nitto trail grappler 295/65/20's. I sure hope they fit nice.They will be here next week...to bad I won't be home for 2-3 weeks. Oh well...something to look forward to when I get back
Pls do share the vendor with me.
Either through here or via PM.
Very interested.
They look very purty :smileup:

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Tires from the same vendor also? Or grabbed locally in Thunder Bay?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fastNugly, ebay vendor name: e-autogrilles. As for the tires & wheels i went through Mr Wheel Deal on the net...so far they have been good guys to deal with. so for 4 295/65/20 Trail Grappler was only $1369..the moto metal m0959 for 4 $1059. even though they charge for shipping they are still cheeper then discount tire...that was a surprise for me. I did try to give the local guys a chance, but the wanted $800 more per set of 4 295/65/20 Trail Grappler.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
fastNugly, ebay vendor name: e-autogrilles. As for the tires & wheels i went through Mr Wheel Deal on the net...so far they have been good guys to deal with. so for 4 295/65/20 Trail Grappler was only $1369..the moto metal m0959 for 4 $1059. even though they charge for shipping they are still cheeper then discount tire...that was a surprise for me. I did try to give the local guys a chance, but the wanted $800 more per set of 4 295/65/20 Trail Grappler.
Thanks for the info!
Questions
How did you get e-autogrilles to ship to Canada when they say in most of their ads that they do not ship internationally and only in the lower 48?
If they are able to ship to me, I'm assuming installation is quite easy?

I will reach out the Mr Wheel Deal as well to see what they have available that I like.
Thanks for all your info.

BTW: I have the exact same CAI and love the sound it produces. Quite easy to install except for removal of the air sensor out of the OE one. Be careful as it can break.
If you have installed in already, you already know :smileup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I have most of my stuff shipped to a place across the border (RYDENS BOARDER STORE..they also have 1Lb bags of beef jerky there!!!), then pick it up there. The rims and tires were only a $100 more to ship to my door in Canada. But then you have to pay an import fee too. yeah I noticed that the air sensor was tricky to take out as well, and it did help with the sound. The combination of the CAI and the 14" Magnaflow sound real nice.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
I have most of my stuff shipped to a place across the border (RYDENS BOARDER STORE..they also have 1Lb bags of beef jerky there!!!), then pick it up there. The rims and tires were only a $100 more to ship to my door in Canada. But then you have to pay an import fee too. yeah I noticed that the air sensor was tricky to take out as well, and it did help with the sound. The combination of the CAI and the 14" Magnaflow sound real nice.
is this in Buffalo?
Yea, the additional shipping is not what hurts...its the additional duties/taxes and other BS that does as it is not predictable!

Do you have the 14" Mufflex or actual magnaflow as I have the same CAI but considering doing the 18" Mufflex!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I live in Thunder Bay On, So for me the boarder is only a 35-40 min drive. Yeah I got the magnaflow from mufflex. It's a great kit and a easy install. The combo of the magnaflow and the K&N CAI sounds really good.

BTW mufflex uses real magnaflows, they just add some extra pipe and everything lined up real good. not 1 problem!! Just do it and you won't regret it!!

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
I live in Thunder Bay On, So for me the boarder is only a 35-40 min drive. Yeah I got the magnaflow from mufflex. It's a great kit and a easy install. The combo of the magnaflow and the K&N CAI sounds really good.

BTW mufflex uses real magnaflows, they just add some extra pipe and everything lined up real good. not 1 problem!! Just do it and you won't regret it!!
Got any sounds clips of the 14" Mufflex and K&N CAI?

I was just about to purchase the mufflex tonight when I got home till I STUPIDLY did this!
Im a Noob to trucks and was distracted by a customer call and made a hard right forgetting there was a cement pillar and SRAPE!!!!

More like RAPE! Its at the shop now..... :doh:

So guys, be gentle on me and don't add to my misery

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys, I cant wait to take the winter wheels and tires off and get these on

I don't have any sound clips yet. But I will take one when I take some pics of the wheels and tires.

:SHOCKED: Ouch!! Sorry to hear that..and see that. Oh well s*#t happens to the best of us. I hope they do a good job on the repair. Oh and the install was easy, just take off the grille and bolt them on. If you got a buddy to help hold the inserts just where you want them as you tighten them would help, but not needed. 1 tip, top right insert (when looking at grille)...trim 1 bolt back about 1/4" for top right hold down.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put these two sub woofers in today little under 3 hours with all the wiring ect. I hooked up the left & right front speakers with T- connectors behind the factory radio. Speakers $65 each, the amp got at a flea market $10 wiring for the amp $20 total $160 ain't bad!
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.