DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I'm about to purchase some 35 inch Mud Tires! I'm having trouble deciding on what to buy but I've really been looking at the Dick Cepek Crushers! any one know anything about them? also please share what MT's you guys have really liked!

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
hey guys I'm about to purchase some 35 inch Mud Tires! I'm having trouble deciding on what to buy but I've really been looking at the Dick Cepek Crushers! any one know anything about them? also please share what MT's you guys have really liked!
I dont have much info on the tires you are referring to, but I do like the Nitto Trail Grappler and Toyo MT!
I know many people run these tires but I have sold my Trail Grapplers and now grabbing Toyo MT's

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went with the Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/55 R20 on stock rims. Love these tires. Wanted a more aggressive look and these fit the bill. 1/4" spacers due to rubbing even with 2.5" level from performex.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I went with the Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/55 R20 on stock rims. Love these tires. Wanted a more aggressive look and these fit the bill. 1/4" spacers due to rubbing even with 2.5" level from performex.
Nice setup...looks great. I agree that the Nitto Trail Graps and Toyos seem to be popular mud tires. The Federal Couragia MT is also worth looking at.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I used to run the Nitto Mud Grapplers on my older truck which had the on road hum but were really impressed with the wet weather grip in pouring rain.
Nice lookin tires davidlonghorn!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Im in a similar boat, my Goodyear POS tires are almost done and have been looking at some new MT tires. I do tow a lot, does anyone tow with there MT tires? how do they do compaird to an AT tire?

·
REVEL PERFORMANCE
9,569 Posts
I dont have much info on the tires you are referring to, but I do like the Nitto Trail Grappler and Toyo MT!
I know many people run these tires but I have sold my Trail Grapplers and now grabbing Toyo MT's
agreed :) the toyo open countries are nice too :)

Im in a similar boat, my Goodyear POS tires are almost done and have been looking at some new MT tires. I do tow a lot, does anyone tow with there MT tires? how do they do compaird to an AT tire?
i have ran many mud tires and many AT tires and also (not that it matters but many dune tires also) my finding are that the differences between mt and at are not a whole lot on paved roads, except MT has the road buzz, and the at not so much, both do really good in water and dry conditions, ofcourse most MT tires will perform better in the mud then a AT tire will, AT i find do better on dirt roads that arnt to wet or dry.

now on the other hand dune tires for example the nitto dune grapplers i have found do very very well in wet road conditions, very quite on paved roads and handle very well in dry paved conditions, excellent in sand and on dry dirt roads, in the mud not so much, and in the snow believe it or not the are amazing.

these are just my observations based off 10 years of running off road tires ono my vehicles.(i know im only 23 but i built my first truck with my dad when i was 13 it was a 1969 chevy cst10 long bed regular cab i loved that truck did a full restro on it when i was 17 and sold it for a sizable down payment on my first "NEW" ram back in 2008) if i had to do it again i wouldve kept it and just had a higher truck payment, but is what it is i love my rams more anyway lol it was a nice truck though...:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts