DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's everyone doing? I am new to this site and this is my first post. After having my truck for a lil over a year its time for some changes. I know i'm gonna get a lift, probly the rancho 4". does anyone have experience with this lift? I am also looking into a CAI, throttle body spacer, programmer and headers. Already have flowmaster 40 Ko muffler. What i'm looking for are words of wisdom from anyone that can help. Are the headers and throttle body spacer worth it? If so any specific brand? And i guess the same question would go for the programmer, was looking into the superchips line. Any other advice and knowledge would be great. Thank you and sorry for the essay, just trying to cover some of what i'm trying to do.

·
Registered
422 Posts
How's everyone doing? I am new to this site and this is my first post. After having my truck for a lil over a year its time for some changes. I know i'm gonna get a lift, probly the rancho 4". does anyone have experience with this lift? I am also looking into a CAI, throttle body spacer, programmer and headers. Already have flowmaster 40 Ko muffler. What i'm looking for are words of wisdom from anyone that can help. Are the headers and throttle body spacer worth it? If so any specific brand? And i guess the same question would go for the programmer, was looking into the superchips line. Any other advice and knowledge would be great. Thank you and sorry for the essay, just trying to cover some of what i'm trying to do.
DONT BUY A THROTTLE BODY SPACER!!! With that said, headers and a tuner are well worth it. If you plan on custom tuning I suggest Diablo tuners. Headers are whatever floats your boat (or however big your wallet is). I suggest long tubes.

Reactions: Kamanhart

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks buddy, so the throttle body spacer is a waste? as for wallet size...... well im planning on working a lot of OT and setting that aside..... so not big. haha. is there a noticeable difference between the long tube and the shortys? and i live in cali so i gotta deal with the smog bullshit which throws a wrench in things too.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Like hemi heaven said dont buy a throttle body spacer, they will gain you nothing besides a plate to drill and tap of a nitrous nozzle, as far as tuning goes, if you are going to put headers on and get the most out of them diablo trinity or intune is your best bet with a custom tune from hemifever or white lightning. I ran my long tubes on a super chips tune for a while and you could feel the difference but after the custom tune it was a total new animal.

For headers, you have a few options for long tubes, alot of the guys on here are running pacesetters with the off road y-pipe, being you need cats for emissions you will want to get a set of high flows to have welded in by a shop.

The other option that wont break the bank is OBX they make a set of long tube headers with a high flow cat y pipe fabbed up for a decent price Here is a link. I have there un-catted long tubes and i love them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice fellas, talked with a couple muffler shops in the area. sounds like i have to go with shorty headers, apparently due to california they have to come with a CARB sticker. so sounds like that will be the last thing i do. first will be lift, then new wheels, then cai and programmer. Thanks again. And any more advice is definitely welcome.

·
Registered
68 Posts
magnaflow also makes a y-pipe with high flow cats that are a direct fit.
there are a few restricted areas in the intake and exhaust, gains will be minimal until all the restrictions are removed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts