DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Need a little help and advice.
1.What 1/4 et and speeds are the norm for SCSB 5.7 with 4:10 axle bone stock?
2.I would like to lower the truck 2" with spindles in front, any input on brands and quality ?
3.I want to lower the rear 3" but do not want the ride to change at all, any brands and any advice?
4.What about a Magnason TVS supercharger. Anybody done one yet?
5.I will leave the exhaust totally stock as i do not want any sound.

Thanks very much for any info, Jomo

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Let us know how you make out and please post some pics.......

·
Registered
13 Posts
i am wondering the same thing about the supercharger i just bought a 12 r/t rcsb as well in white 4x2. i bought the 2/3 lowering kit made by ground fource. my ram dealer told me that was the kit he recemanded and most of the guys on here as well. i am just waiting for it to come in off back order from jegs. but im not sure about the supercharger just because of these computer issues. are they going to have a hard time if even able to tune the truck?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi Guys, Need a little help and advice.
1.What 1/4 et and speeds are the norm for SCSB 5.7 with 4:10 axle bone stock?

13.9-14.3 depending on the density altitude. mid-High 90's mph

2.I would like to lower the truck 2" with spindles in front, any input on brands and quality ?
McGaughy makes a 2" drop spindle. It is cast iron vs stock cast aluminum. It will widen your front track width by 1/4 to 5/8" per side depending on who you ask. High quality, and rides like stock.

3.I want to lower the rear 3" but do not want the ride to change at all, any brands and any advice? Lowered rear = shorter springs = stiffer springs. However, even with a 4" rear drop, there isn't a drastic difference in ride quality. McGaughy addresses the rear lateral shift with a panhard bracket, other kits do not.

4.What about a Magnason TVS supercharger. Anybody done one yet?
No tuning available for the 2012 yet. Some have swapped in earlier ecm's loaded with a BG tune. You'll need tuning for a supercharger to function properly.

5.I will leave the exhaust totally stock as i do not want any sound.

Thanks very much for any info, Jomo
Good luck with the new mods!

-jp

·
Registered
19 Posts
I used the McGaughy 2/4 spring kit. Actually came out at 2/3. Visual is very nice and I don't have any real ride issue. Also replaced front sway bar with larger Hellwig bar and added the Hellwig rear sway bar. Love the truck and am taking it to MATS on Thurs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts