DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 2011 Ram 1500 crew cab Bighorn 4x4 5.7 Hemi last week. :smileup:

So now I have several questions for all the experienced owners on here.

1. Are the extended warranties worth the money? I found one for $1900 lifetime maximum care coverage that will cover anything but scheduled maintenance and tires, just not sure if I should buy it or not.

2. How much should I expect to pay for all the manufacturer recommended service intervals?

3. Any tips to maximize my fuel mileage? tonneau cover, CAI, etc?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

·
Registered
227 Posts
For my own experience, I purchased the Extended Care warranty which covers rental cars among many mechanical attributes to the truck.

I had the torque converter issue you have probably read about on this forum and was without my truck for over 40 days, not consecutive, during the first 3 months I owned it.

I know the bill that Enterprise handed to Chrysler was well over the total I paid for the extended warranty. For me it was worth it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I purchased the Extended Care warranty, full coverage (7yrs/70K) with $50 deductible for $1150. Haggled the price down with the fiance MGR from $1500. My dealer gives me every other oil change free. When I pay it's only $35.00. That's worth it for me....I am tired of changing it myself! I got the tri-fold cover from extang.com. Easy install, really love it. I put the 18" Magnaflow muffler on...easy bolt-on install from Mufflex.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Congrats on the truck.. I think the extended warranty is well worth it, however it is highly dependent on how well the dealer works with you. We have all read some horror stories here, however I have seen some stories of good dealers doing the right thing.

The sound when the MDS kicks in, too me, is slightly annoying however it's not crazy bad and you get used too it. Either way the HEMI always sounds good with an aftermarket exhaust setup...:smileup:

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
I am actually looking at getting an extended warranty. I am in Canada however after all the research you are very lucky in order to purchase the Max Warranty in the US.

I have been told that it is well worth the money and peace of mind. I am in the process of purchasing one and it doesnt even come close to the warranty that you have available.

It comes down to how long you expect to keep your truck however with that said good luck... We do drive great trucks.

Ed

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats on the new truck!

I had every intent to get the extended warranty and it was part of my deal.... then I found out it wouldn't be lifetime with my Cummins. I was very disappointed, and I don't know if it will be worth it to me without the lifetime. If you can get a better price I would get the warranty.

A cover helped my 2005 QC Hemi with gas mileage. That has not be the case with my 2011, but it's a 2500 6.7L. A very different animal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts