DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just picked up a new (to me) 2017 1500 Sport, Night Edition. I found this used on a Ford lot, out of state.

I plan on taking it to a local dealer to establish a relationship and learn more about the open recalls and remaining warranty information.

Would it be best to just talk to the service manager? Or, should I also speak to a sales person? Who would be the most knowledgeable? Who would be able/willing to show me a few things about the truck (uconnect, specifically)?

I appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Yeah, most sales guys are not full of knowledge, there are a few but not many.
Besides, how helpful is he going to want to be since you bought it elsewhere.

Go for either the service manager or better yet, one of the techs.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Definitely service over sales You don't need to go to the selling dealer for service

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, most sales guys are not full of knowledge
This is true. Another truck, at another dealership, was at the top of my "Have to look at" list. The sales manager informed me that because of the tailgate recall, he could not sell the truck to me. I could put down a deposit for them to hold it until a fix was determined. I won't repeat what my response to that comment was. Needless to say, I didn't waste anymore of my time with that dealership!

I have NEVER heard of such a thing. I could understand if it were a serious safety issue. But, it's a tailgate latch!

·
Registered
167 Posts
This is true. Another truck, at another dealership, was at the top of my "Have to look at" list. The sales manager informed me that because of the tailgate recall, he could not sell the truck to me. I could put down a deposit for them to hold it until a fix was determined. I won't repeat what my response to that comment was. Needless to say, I didn't waste anymore of my time with that dealership!

I have NEVER heard of such a thing. I could understand if it were a serious safety issue. But, it's a tailgate latch!
Dealers can get in serious trouble for selling a vehicle with an open recall, the tailgate latch recall is a safety recall doesn't matter if it seems minor.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So, I just picked up a new (to me) 2017 1500 Sport, Night Edition. I found this used on a Ford lot, out of state.

I plan on taking it to a local dealer to establish a relationship and learn more about the open recalls and remaining warranty information.

Would it be best to just talk to the service manager? Or, should I also speak to a sales person? Who would be the most knowledgeable? Who would be able/willing to show me a few things about the truck (uconnect, specifically)?

I appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks.
pics?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts