DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas and ladies. Wanted to say hi and also had a question. I'm looking to install a brush guard on my 2010 Dodge Ram 1500, SLT. Is this an easy job? I also found a guard, but not 100% sure it's for my Ram. How difficult would it be to make it fit? Any info would help. Thanks so much!

Dave

·
Banned
56,675 Posts
Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Good to have you with us, I hope you enjoy the board! I can't help you but there are many here who can! :)

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave, :Hey:
This forum is full of great looking trucks; packed with great mod ideas and there are loads of knowledgeable and experienced people here.

A bush guard is generally pretty easy to install. Depends on what you have for tools, and how mechanically inclined you are. The only ones that prove challenging is the sport and the R/T, as the front fascia is different, so yours being an SLT should not present to many problems. :smileup:

AND - We all like pix! Got any to share?

Enjoy the Z!

E

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

A lot depends on how the brush guard is configured. You will want to confirm it was built to fit your truck year and model. Otherwise, unless you can work with metal and fabricate some mods to the brush guard to make it fit, you are just not going to be able to install it.

You didn't give us any info on the brush guard you were looking at so it's hard for us to make that determination. So give us a link or more info on the guard. Then we can provide more, definitive, help.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum great to have you here. Congrats on the new truck,
When you get a chance post a picture or two of your truck.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Welcome to Forum Z
Great to have you with us.
Dont forget to post pics of your ride.

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Glad you joined us Dave and welcome to the Z for Rams from Baltimore . Do you have any pictures of your truck ? Have you done any mods or have plans for any ? Any of your friends have a Ram ? Tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom

·
Administrator
53,006 Posts
Hey there Dave and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Looks like you're getting some good advice already, so good luck with your install and be sure to keep us posted! Any pics of your truck? We'd love to see it! Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :Hey:

- Cajun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome all. Seems like a great site. I should have given more info about the brush guard, my apologies.
I was shopping on craigslist and found a brush guard for 100. Guy said it's from a company called Polar Bear. Part # 742070. http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/polar-bear-742070/ Looks like it's for a GMC, which is why I was wondering if I could make it fit. I have my own mechanic's tool box with a various assortment of tools. I was able to put myself through college as a mechanic's apprentice a few years ago so I do have some knowledge of vehicles. Let me know what you all think. Thanks!!!!

I'll post pics of the Ram soon as well

Dave

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
welcome to the forum....glad to have ya!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts