DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After breaking my carbon fiber stubby in the carwash the other day I have been on the hunt for a new one. Well found this little guy and couldn't be happier.

It comes with 3 different sizes of rods to adjust the length 5.3" / 6.5" / 10.5".
I opted for the 10.5 as I was tired of the reduced FM reception with the carbon fiber stubby.
http://www.stubbyantenna.com/y-series-short-stubby-antenna
Only one caveat with this model, it's not made to fit the Ram! If it wasn't for the adapter I had off the sickspeed carbon stubby it wouldn't fit. Love the look and my FM reception is right back to where it was with the factory antenna.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been very dissapointed with my antenna by sickspeed. Yah, they look nice, but reception on those things is a joke. I like what I see here.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Thats a great lookin antenna!!! I want to get one of those white carbon stubby ones to match my truck, but I dont use the radio ever so Im not too worried about reception

·
Administrator
41,961 Posts
That looks great I am really wanting to get a shorter antenna. But I don't want to buy two one to get the adapter and the other so for the antenna itself. Will h ave to keep looking around

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The reception with the sickspeed stubby was horrible! I'd have to say a 50% reduction.

Sickspeed stubby...you can kind of see it here...

This new one has zero reduction in reception from stock! I'm totally impressed with it.

·
Administrator
41,961 Posts
I installed this one. Its a great little antenna. Go to Craven Speed and do a search for Dodge
Link did not work. Replace the ***** with cravenspeed and you will get to their site $20 seems like a good deal and no adapter needed?

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Administrator
41,961 Posts
Thanks Shawn, more mods to come this spring :D
Great to hear!! How is the weather in in Alberta we are just hitting freezing temps now here

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great to hear!! How is the weather in in Alberta we are just hitting freezing temps now here
It's been more like spring around here. First good cold snap due to hit this weekend. No snow to speak of but sure have had our share of rain and ice.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah we had a lot of rain through the end of December. Whereabouts is Morinville? What is it close to?
10 kms straight North of St. Albert, or 20 kms North West of Edmonton.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Link did not work. Replace the ***** with cravenspeed and you will get to their site $20 seems like a good deal and no adapter needed?
It comes with two shafts, mine took the large. Took about 30 seconds to install.

Yea the forum takes out the name of the site in the link, kind of sucks..

1 - 20 of 57 Posts