DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am looking for some new tires and would like to know what you guys are running and how you like them and what you use them for
(Looking for an aggressive AT for light offroading and Nebraska winters (lot of snow)

I have narrowed my main 2 to the Duratracs and Falken wild peak AT

Just comment on what your tire is and how it preforms (doesn't have to be the 2 mentioned above

Pics would also be nice

THANKS

·
Registered
717 Posts
Duratracs all the way, not even a fair comparison really. The Falkons are nothing but an all season tire at best. The duratracs also have the MT/snowflake symbol on the side and are great winter tires and are good in mud too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i don't have either of these tires, but.... was researching tires for a few months. Duratracs all the way... you won't find a negative review on Duratracs. they're known for being an amazing snow tire and are lightweight.
I would have bought them, if they were available in the size I wanted.
I ended up getting mickey thompson baja mtz's.
falken wild peaks are just an avg tire thats very heavy.
you might want to check out toyo at2's also.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I have the duratrac's 285/60r20. They are good in the mud and dirt. Pretty quiet and ride good on the road. I have no complaints with them. They hadle better than the 305/55 zeon's when towing especially on teh highway ramps

·
Registered
412 Posts
Between those two I'd say the duratracs. I personally run Dick Cepek Fun country II tires. 305/55r20 and I had no problems in the snow this winter.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
i vote Duratracs.... Love my Duratracs... quiet ... look great and are awesome in rain and snow...

·
Registered
45 Posts
the Falkens are a really good tire,ith some help. I ran them on my last truck and was impressed to say the least. For the money you'll save I would give them a try. However, you have to get them siped!! After that you will be very happy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts