DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leveled my truck now I am in need of more aggresive tires. I have stock 20's on it now with HP Wranglers. I want upgrade and need opinions on what tires would be more agressive. Heard that Nirro Terra Grapplers are good but is there anything better out there? My tire size is 275/60/r20 and I was wonder if i could change to 18's. my sticker in my door jamb says 17's are the size. Is there a way to tell if 18's will fot?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 07 with a 2" leveling kit and I'm running 18x9 xd addicts with 295/70/18 nitto trail grapplers. No rubbing! It depends on the look you're going for the, terra grapplers are nice but weren't an aggressive enough look for me. I love the look of the trail graps, they look badass!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
It's not the wheel diameter that you really have to worry about. You can put 18" rims on about anything. The offset/backspacing of the wheel and the tire size you choose will determine whether or not it will run.

There are several good all-terrain and mud tires out there. Cooper Zeon LTZs and Nitto Terra Grapplers are two of my favorite AT tires. As BARRY07 said, the Nitto Trail Grappler mud tires are extremely aggressive if an AT tire isn't enough for you. There are other good tires as well. It really depends on what you are looking for.

·
Registered
747 Posts
It's not the wheel diameter that you really have to worry about. You can put 18" rims on about anything. The offset/backspacing of the wheel and the tire size you choose will determine whether or not it will run.

There are several good all-terrain and mud tires out there. Cooper Zeon LTZs and Nitto Terra Grapplers are two of my favorite AT tires. As BARRY07 said, the Nitto Trail Grappler mud tires are extremely aggressive if an AT tire isn't enough for you. There are other good tires as well. It really depends on what you are looking for.

This ^.
I really like the Toyo M/T's ive had several sets and plan to buy them again once these wear out. Great mileage for M/T tires.

·
Registered
104 Posts

I just purchased a set of Rocky Mountain ATS from discount tire. I have also had Nitto Terra Grapplers, and BFGoodrich ATS. The Terra Grapplers slipped in the rain quite a bit when I had them. Never took the offroading. The BFGoodrich had good traction on wet pavement and pretty good in snow too.
The rocky mountains seem to have better traction than the Terra Grapplers on wet pavement but seem to slip more than the BFGoodrich did in the snow.

The Rocky Mountain ATS looks very similar to the Terra Grappler. But the price is considerably less. I got mine for $237 each before mounting and balancing. I put them on a set of 20x10 Helo Maxx wheels with a -12mm offset. The tires are 305/55/20. On a stock wheel you would probably want to stay around the stock 275/65/20 so you don't have clearance issues.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah on my 2002 Ram, the stock 17x8 wheels with 265/70's on them are about 10mm away from rubbing the control arm behind the wheel. I'm not sure why the wheel sits so close to the control arm but I think you would definitely need a more negative offset wheel to fit bigger tires. I just ordered some 17x9 wheels + 295/70 tires, but the wheels are -12 offset which is hopefully enough. I will find out Wednesday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts