DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read several different posts pertaining to this issue, but can't seem to find any definite answers. I have an '06 Ram 1500, BigHorn, QuadCab, 4x4, with a 2.5" Leveling Kit from Hell Bent Steel.

I'm looking to purchase some more aggressive tires (probably the Nitto Trail Grapplers) here in the next few months. I'd like to keep the factory "chrome" 20x9 wheels. I'm quite sure I can fit anything I wanted in a 33x12.50 w/o any rubbing. But I'm interested in knowing how a 35x12.50 would fit/look. I've heard some people say 35's fit no problem w/ the leveling kit, some say they fit but only w/ spacers, and I've even heard I'd have to cut out parts of the wheel well and front bumper plastics, etc.

So, if anyone knows, first-hand about this issue I'd love their input. Pictures would be awesome too!
Thanks!!

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
From what I've read on here, if you run 35s with a 2.5" leveling kit, you'll still need a 1/4" spacer up front to stop rubbing. They look great, I've seen pics in the gallery section of the forum. Here's a couple for now:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm assuming these are 35s in the pictures. They look tuff!!! And from what I hear the 1/4" spacers are no big deal at all... Around $7/piece I think. Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well i am running a 325/60/20 on my truck comes out to 35.3x12.8, so that is bigger, i have a level kit, thinks its around 2" not sure haha, i rub on the sway bar at full lock...so i just avoid tight situations!! i think a spacer would fix my problem, but theni may rub the fenders so i don't worry about it! As for a 35x12.50 best bet is trial and error i think they will fit with very slight rub! but if you want big tires its the tiny price you pay!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know that the Nitto Mud Grapplers (33x12.5x20) will fit just fine! With a leveling kit you will need the spacer and not sure if you will rub the fender after that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts