DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone... Nice to be here and I'd like to compliment many of you on your nice rides... I recently purchased a ram 1500 quad cab and was thinking of installing the following system:

Maintain Factory Head Unit - JL Audio Clean Sweep: CL-441DSP

Front Door Replacement - 6.5"/4"/1" Components: C5-653 ( I know this selection will be a tight fit, but I had a guy at JL send over a few pictures of how he did it in an application he did. )

Rear Door Replacement - 5.25" Coaxial: C5-525x

Mid/High Amp - 600x4 - 150 watts per speaker - HD 600/4

Custom 2.0cu ft Fiberglass Enclosure - Net Audio 2014 Ram Quad Cab Box - Tall

2 - 12" JLw6v3-D4 Sub Woofers

Sub Amp - 1200x1 - 1200 watt mono block - HD1200/1

Number 01:
I plan to raise the rear seat using net audios riser blocks. I also intent to install speaker grills, but wonder if anyone has real life experience with this setup under the rear bench. Does your seat get in the way of the speakers? What about when people are sitting in the seat? Any help here would be appreciated!

Number 02:
I was looking at the JL Slash v3 amps, but decided on the JL HD line only because they are smaller and will fit under the driver and passenger seats better. Does anyone have experience with both the Slash & HD line? Are their any advantages other than their physical size? I would consider stuffing the Slash v3's under the seats if someone could sell me on their quality or power over the HD amps.

Number 03:
Has anyone seen, heard or have 2 - 12" w6's in a under the seat box? Is this sub woofer / box / amp set up worth the money??? I am desperate to find out your 1st hand opinions... Will I feel like a hero or a zero after this install? I have never had a system with such small air space and am nervous to pull the trigger having never heard anything close to compare. I'm used to big boxes in the trunk of a chevy or a ported box with room to spare... Please give it to me straight!

Lastly...
Can anyone provide a list of installation wire kits, OEM connectors or anything you have found to be helpful when performing this type of install.

2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab - non premium factory audio, but does have uconnect w/ bluetooth etc...

Thanks in advance!

-Ron

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
:smiley_thumbs_up:.... Welcome, Ron to The Ram ForumZ!!! Thank you for joining us!

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Howdy, Ron :wave: and congrats on your recent Ram purchase. Welcome to what's affectionately known as "The Z". There's a lot of great knowledge, ideas and info available here on the Z. Don't hesitate to ask a question, share your knowledge and opinions, or boast about your new beast.

·
Registered
10,613 Posts
Welcome aboard! This place is full of great people with great ideas. If you need any help just ask

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey man you can call me 708-825-5704 it would take a lot of time to answer all your questions on here. I just finished up a 2-12W6v2's install replicating the net audio box. Skip the clean sweep & go straight for a processor that signal summs internally. I chose a rockford fosgate 3sixty.3. I've had the HD1200... Completely unnecessary for an in cab enclosure. Unless your into bone jarring bass, but now your entering into electrical upgrades battery, alternate, ect... Those 12w6v3 would be perfect for net audio's tall box just check clearance with them first & don't order the 12w6v3's until you have received your tall box just in case there are fitment issues with the V3's you can just return them. In my case I used the jl audio speaker grill covers & the seat will rest on them but in no way shape or form will it hurt sq of the woofers. I had my 300lb buddy come sit in the back seat with me & it did flex the grill a tad but didn't permanently indent it, so I think you'll be all good! Power wires & distribution were handled through knukonceptz out of Ohio I think 2nd install using them & have nothing but good things to say about them & their products although they can be on the steep side of things. But from your selection of gear, I can see you will not have issues with the price of wiring. $250 for my install ahhh just call me too much information
Edit Ohh & this is the cleanest sounding vehicle I've ever personally heard. I've been doing this since I was 18

·
Registered
234 Posts
There are so many ways to go here. I personally like the Audiocontrol stuff. I currently have an LC2i and it works great, but I'm going to upgrade and get a DQ-61. Anyways welcome and good luck. I did the same type of upgrade and am available for questions too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts