DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an '11 sport and curious what maintenance I should do look at doing. Its been 7 yrs or so since I've been in a hemi so I'm re-learning all over again.

The truck has 153K miles on it and the previous owner had been running redline synthetic oil. Wil any synthetic be ok going forward? Recommended weight? I usually take my vehicles in to have the oil changed.

Also, the plugs were changed at some point. Other than that, I'm in the dark for what's been done. It has some performance mods, if that makes a difference. I appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
365 Posts
I believe the factory recommended oil is 5W20, but it's up in the air on the topic of synthetic vs. conventional. I personally am running Pennzoil Ultra Premium full synthetic, with a K&N filter.

You may want to at least check the transmission fluid, and get it changed if you have no record of it being serviced. Same for the diffs.

As for the plugs, those should be changed every 25,000 miles (or 30,000, not sure). The factory ones (at least in mine) were NGK's.

Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Its 30k on the plugs. 5W20 is the correct oil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts