DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2015 1500 Big Horn from a friend of the family. He was going to trade it in and sold it to me for what the dealer offered him on trade so got a pretty good deal.

Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have so far.

ram1500.jpg

Right now it has just a little over 214,000 miles and still runs like a top. My friend was a medical courier and spend most of the time on the highway. I took a look at the hours on the motor and it registered a total of 4000 hours and only 100 hours idle. The only thing I know that is wrong with it right now is it's going to need an exhaust manifold gasket soon and hopefully not an exhaust manifold as well. Looking forward to having this for a while and getting some good use out of it.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Good grief, I'm not even at 100,000 on my 2013 yet. Looks like a V6-makes sense if you're spending that much time driving. What is your friend driving now?

Congrats on the truck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, I know right... He bought another Ram 1500 I think this makes his 3rd or 4th he got a 2018 Crew Cab Big Horn this time. So who knows maybe I'll buy that in 3yrs or 214,000 miles. HA!

I'm just stoked to finally have a truck... I've been looking at them for years and just haven't been able to convince myself to buy one, until this one.

Good grief, I'm not even at 100,000 on my 2013 yet. Looks like a V6-makes sense if you're spending that much time driving. What is your friend driving now?

Congrats on the truck!

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I'm just stoked to finally have a truck... I've been looking at them for years and just haven't been able to convince myself to buy one, until this one.

Yeah give it some time and you'll realize how impractical cars are. The same people who make jokes about others' genitalia for owning a truck are the same ones who can't use more than 2/5 of their seats on a trip because they don't have any room for people and baggage-just one or the other. Pus, come on, its a half ton-its not even very big.

I could buy another car but if I did I'd keep the truck

·
Registered
625 Posts
Nice truck! I can definitely relate to the truck/no truck dilemma- I have vacillated between truck owner and non-truck owner too many times in my life, but I've finally arrived at a point where I honestly cannot imagine not having one in my stable. I'll always have a "fun" car to enjoy, but the Ram is my daily driver and I am quite happy with that.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,245 Posts
Congrats on your new to you Ram. It sure looks to be in great shape from that one pic. Trucks are great to have, very useful. I don't drive mine too much anymore (have a company car) but when I do, it always puts a smile on my face.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice truck! I can definitely relate to the truck/no truck dilemma- I have vacillated between truck owner and non-truck owner too many times in my life, but I've finally arrived at a point where I honestly cannot imagine not having one in my stable. I'll always have a "fun" car to enjoy, but the Ram is my daily driver and I am quite happy with that.
Oh we keep talking about getting that fun car but we want our son to be a little older before we do that... We have thoughts of a Mustang or a Challenger, we both owned Mustangs in the past. I'm pretty sure I'll have a truck in the stable from now own. The wife likes driving them as much as I do so that helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just picked up a 2015 1500 Big Horn from a friend of the family. He was going to trade it in and sold it to me for what the dealer offered him on trade so got a pretty good deal.

Congradulations on your (new) truck. If its your first RAM you are in for a treat.
Picked up my first RAM, a 2015 1500 Bighorn CC with 31K miles on it last sept. I loved all my trucks Chevy and Fords ,but my RAM is another world. Don't sink a lot of money in yours trying to make it like new. Save the money for your next low milage RAM. Have fun with your new toy.

This week I built an oil filter relocation system (didn't use a kit). I would recommend that as its no fun removing the oil filter on our 2015's.PIA
I'm going to post some pics of that asap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Congradulations on your (new) truck. If its your first RAM you are in for a treat.
Picked up my first RAM, a 2015 1500 Bighorn CC with 31K miles on it last sept. I loved all my trucks Chevy and Fords ,but my RAM is another world. Don't sink a lot of money in yours trying to make it like new. Save the money for your next low milage RAM. Have fun with your new toy.

This week I built an oil filter relocation system (didn't use a kit). I would recommend that as its no fun removing the oil filter on our 2015's.PIA

Yeah I’m not going to go over board on it just add a few things to make it like I want it. Plus with the miles on it and my son being 12 now it will likely be his first truck as well. :) As good a shape as the body and interior are in if the motor blows I’d likely just put another one in it so that he is able to drive it when he gets to that age. Looking forward to the pics of the oil filter relo system.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
The V6 has the easiest to change oil filter I've ever seen. No need to relocate it

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Wait wait wait...

214,000 miles? On a 2015? Jeezus. I thought I had a lot at 77k.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Looking forward to seeing your system you came up with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts