DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! First post as I'm a new Dodge Ram owner. Well, it's a new to me truck, but still exciting. So far loving the truck and it appears the one owner prior to me really took good care of it at least visibly. Bed with bedliner that doesn't seem to have taken much abuse, no dings or dents from abuse, and the trailer hitch receiver doesn't even look like it's seen a hitch.

So the truck is a 2013 Tradesman QC 4x4 with the 3.6l Pentastar and 8 Speed 8HP45 with 3.55 gears and Anti-Spin Differential. It's got just under 135k miles on it and I'm looking to make sure I can keep this thing in the best shape possible as it's my new daily driver. Unfortunately, Carfax and other records are slim to none on the truck, and I'm not sure what has been done as per the maintenance schedule. Manual calls for spark plugs @ 100k, transfer case fluid/transmission fluid @ 120k, and coolant flush and fill at 150k, etc.

Now I'm thinking of doing a coolant flush sooner than later since I'm not far off from that milestone, but am curious if you guys think I should do the plugs and transfer case/tranny fluid since I'm unsure if they've been done before. I suppose plugs can be inspected to check their condition, but transmission fluid change always has me concerned since I no longer know what the old wives tale is concerning changing a high mileage trans box fluid. Also should I consider changing axle differential fluid?

Any other service you think should be done or checked out by good mechanical eyes please feel free to advise if you'd be so kind. Thanks all!

·
Registered
159 Posts
If the seller had no records of work done, i would do the plugs for sure, only six on the Pentastar if memory serves. On the Trans and Transfer, i would do the same. The trans will probably be the biggest PITA as the filter is built into the pan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts