DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought a 2021 2500 diesel and it has a little vibration between 50 and 65 mph. Can feel it in the throttle and steering wheel . Just curious is this common , I also drove a friend's 2021 and it also has a little vibration. Can't tell if it's engine , drive train or wheel balance .is anyone else experiencing this issue

·
Registered
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn Limited CTD
1,531 Posts
Just bought a 2021 2500 diesel and it has a little vibration between 50 and 65 mph. Can feel it in the throttle and steering wheel . Just curious is this common , I also drove a friend's 2021 and it also has a little vibration. Can't tell if it's engine , drive train or wheel balance .is anyone else experiencing this issue
My trucks carfax said it was checked for vibration a couple times since new. I currently have no vibration in my truck at those speeds (2015 6.7). It could be as simple as the tires, or as complicated as a carrier bearing not being shimmed correctly. Kind of hard to speculate over the internet but if the dealer can't help you, you could try putting a go-pro under the truck and looking for excessive vibration coming from the driftshaft.

The other thing you could try is swapping the tires front to rear and see if the vibration goes away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bought a 2018 2500 6.7 and having the same issue.
Had tires balanced but still has front end shaking but I can tell it's not the tires, almost feels like something up is shaking or vibrating.

Hope we can find out what is happening

1 - 4 of 4 Posts