DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just bought my first dodge and am looking to redo the exhaust. Don't really want to cut the cats off and what not just looking for a good muffler swap to get that deep loud tone. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

·
Registered
698 Posts
Have you seen the exhaust section of this segment of the forum? Every idea and combination you can think of with some very good commentary.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put on a jba cat back system and love it. Noticed a huge difference in power. It's not the loudest system there is out there but it gives a nice rumble to it. Personally i love it and will only be running jba from now on.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Hahaha. Thats too funny and also true.
I'm not saying it's not a good performance muffler, I think on certain engines they perform well..but on our generation hemi engines no. Our hemis like to breathe and a chambered muffler only holds it back... i did run a flow 50 awhile back and by swapping to a magnaflow, the increased performance was instant..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking about putting a dynomax bullet part# 24222 and removing the back resonator and putting like a 4" tip on it. I had true dual glasspacks on my chevy and liked them better then i did the flowmasters i had.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Man Flowmaster gets no love here lol. I have a Flowmaster Super40 AmericanThunder cat back and I love it. Also added the Volant CAI and she is rippin and roaring pretty good if ya ask me. Also has that nice rumble to her at idle, sounds good going down the road and when ya lay into her she roars. Have had a lot of people give me compliments on the sound she puts out. Hasn't stopped my mechanic from trying to get me to let him put a dual glass packs on her when he puts the headers on lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
No disrespect to flowmaster or anyone running flowmaster. It`s just my personal opinion. Never had luck with it. Had flowmaster on my 89 mustang gt and my 97 buick riviera and both vehicles I ended up changing to magnaflow kits. And to this day I still love the sound of magnaflow, my wife has a single cat back system on her 07 Chrysler Aspen and it makes her HEMI sound badass. Just thought I`d change things up with the ram and try something new, and man I do love my JBA system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts