DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my truck for about a year and a half but haven't found the need to be very active on a forum regarding it. It's a 2010 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab. I'm on SVTPerformance.com and have been for a few years after having 2 Shelby GT500's and 2 03/04 Cobras. Those are my love but needed a good truck to drive around. I've enjoyed mine so far, but the only mod I've done is change out the stock muffler with a single in/ dual out Flowmaster 40. It sounds good but maxes out sound wise at about 3500rpms. Might be because it's pushing too much air for one muffler, but still sounds good. I love the sound of it at idle. Since one of the performance parts websites has a Christmas Eve special going on, I'm thinking about picking up a AFE Stage II CAI for $226. If ya'll could give me some quick feedback of anything you know about it I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm also looking to upgrade the bass of my factory sport alpine system. Anyone with knowledge of the best way to do that please email me at [email protected] as I can't PM yet.

Madison

G

·
I've got the Stage 1 CAI on my truck and really like it. The Stage 2 looks like it will flow about the same so I am guessing you'll like the change.

Upgrading the bass on that system is accomplished by a new amp and woofer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help man. Is the intake tube on the stage II any bigger than stock? I've seen volant's intake tube is big but couldn't tell on the AFE and I don't want to waste money getting the stage II if the stage I using the stock tube is the same. I know you change the amp and sub but JL says their stealthbox doesn't fit the alpine sport models and just curious if that's just because there's already one there. If so I could easily take that one out and replace it with the JL.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Welcome to Forum Z
Great to have you with us!!!
Dont forget to post pics of your ride.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I take it that's simply a copy and paste....real original

1 - 5 of 5 Posts