DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello All,

Straight up FNG here, my name is Drew and it's a pleasure to meet you all. I'm sure this subject has had the crap beaten out of it in the past :LOL:, but I can't find the information I'm looking for, so here it goes.

I just bought a silver '17 Laramie 3500 Mega Cab 4x4, blacked out package, I had a 2500'14 2500 Mega Cab 4x4 that was black, with a blacked out package with moto metals, nitto terra graplers and it was leveled, I have no idea why I bought a new truck, I guess for the sunroof, cool fold in mirrors and more towing capacity, none the less I have the '17

My question is, I would like to keep the stock tires and ride height, but go to a 20x9 wheel and 18 offset. I believe this will push the wheels and tires about an inch, to an inch and half out. I was to change the stance of the truck. I'm having a ROUGH time picking out a new set of wheels, not sure if I want black or black and machined. I like simple wheels without a bunch of weird angles and curves.

Has anyone else tried this trick and if so, can you send me some pics por favor? Thanks for the help

Drew

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Welcome to the Ram Forum " Z " Family Drew :wavey:

Congrats on Your Laramie :smileup:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Couple of things, one you need to get a set of hub centric rings.

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/hub_rings.html

Two you can look here for trucks similar to yours:

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/w...r&make=Ram&model=2500&suspension=Stock&page=1

Click on the photo of the truck and it will open a new page on that truck with more information including it there is any rubbing. Also there may be small circles at the bottom left of the photo of the new page that opened for that truck click on those circles and it is more photos of that truck.

·
Registered
256 Posts
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

For me, ^^ this was pretty much dead-on.

On my 2500 I have 35s on 18x9 20mm Fuel Boost, and they stick out a little over 2" from stock. Might be close to even if you had flairs. But you are talking a 3500, so maybe it's different.

With the black, you have to think about gloss vs flat, maybe even vs matte, too. I chose flat pretty quick when I saw them side-by-side.

IMG_2235.jpg
IMG_2234.jpg

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
1500 wheel/tire package options

I'm leveled with fuel 20x9 0 offset. It's got a little poke. I'd go that route. 18 will still be tucked.

I am having a conundrum picking out a wheel/tire package myself. I have 33x12.5x20 on stock 20x9" wheels. No issues (tire guys had a pain in the ass getting a 10 ply onto the stock rim), no rubbing, but i want different wheels and a little more clearance from upper control arm.

What is backspacing of stock 20x9" wheels?
Is there a max/min backspacing and offset combo i need to avoid if i go with a wider wheel? so many different options.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts