DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my windows tinted this morning... 20% fronts and backs/rear Also got a sunshade strip on the top windshield (about ~8" wide), but not sure if I like it driving... I'm 6'2" and it is a bit distracting...

Anyone else done the sunshade strip? Do you get used to it? I'm already thinking of having it pulled...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like mine its 5% along with all my back windows thinking of pulling the driver and passenger tint off and doing it the same 5%.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a strip put ony windshield too but I made sure when it was done that it would not be in my eye line while driving. You will get used to it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had it taken off... was right in my eye line, and distracting... It looked a bit strange to me, perhaps if it faded to clear it would be better. They offered me a deal to tint the whole windshield at 50%, thinking of doing that... Saw it on two other trucks there and it looked good, barely noticeable from the outside, but inside it looked decent...

I had a strip put ony windshield too but I made sure when it was done that it would not be in my eye line while driving. You will get used to it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Is tinting the whole front windshield legal?

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
I know that you cannot tint your entire front window in Ontario......You may want to check with your local law enforcement agency for clarification.....Let us know how you make out.......

·
Registered
116 Posts
I know you can't do it in florida. I was just wondering what he was going to tell me. It would be really be nice though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have found the tint strip across the windshield to be distracting and I did not get it on my new truck. It looks good but its not worth the distraction to me.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have the same, about 8 inches. It is perfect for me, but I'm only 5'10". Maybe cut down a few inches. It is really nice if you drive east in the morning or west in the evening, that's for sure (and I do). Plus it does look nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts