DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I bought my truck 3 months ago everything was working fine no issues or symptoms of ne kind, so I've put maybe 3k miles on it n on my way home while driving on the freeway I feel something strange with the truck like as if it had a flat tire so I come off the freeway to get home I come to a stop and the truck turns off, im pretty confused at this point, I try to turn it on and ot would just crank and crank, I pushed the pedal to the floor and it started,it only stayed on if I kept the throttle open but still felt real off got it home n it had no CEL on I looked online for some tips, found something about the tb being dirty n also a calve spring being broken, valve springs arw all in tacked I cleaned the tb n now at least it turns on but you can hear its not running right n it fluctuates real bad like it wants to die out... Can ne one give me some pointers or direct me to what else I can do to figure this out? I was also xonfused about the whole 2 spark plugs per cyl thing, could a coil pack have gone out? An injector? If so wouldnt a cel come on?

·
Registered
106 Posts
First thing that comes to my mind is air filter or fuel filter. I have a cold air intake, and when it starts to surge a bit, I find that its dirty. I could be wrong, but it's worth a try. Good Luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so after some time now ive been researching and did my own lil diagnostics a diff cel finally came on for coil 3 secondary circuit, i changed the coil and nothing changed, i took it to a shop which i didnt want to because its way to hard to trust any mechanic now a days but i was getting frustrated. pretty much i got screwed paid $100 for them to fun more diagnostics, they wanted me to pay for a tune up becuase they say they wont be able to find ne thing unless i do a tune up so that was a waste of my time. according to them there was other cyclinders that were not firing yet there was no other cel... they say its not the computer and that it just needs new wires and spark plugs but i highly doubt that. im new to dodge in general but not cars it shouldnt be running this bad just randomly because of bad wires or spark plugs, the truck was fine for the 4 months ive had it, then all of a sudden all the wires are no good and niether are the spark plugs???? doesnt sound right to me and im not going to pay them another $300 to change the wires and plugs and to do an oil change just to find out it wasnt it... i really could use some input guys,

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mines been doing that lately, and it started when I got gas at walmart and there filters where stopped up. So id check in on the fuel pump and fuel filter in your tank.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
you didn't tell us about plug condition...did you pull any to check..wires could be a factor (it's happenned to me). this stuff you could do on your own. if it was a coil I would have swapped it out with another coil to see if the cel would have followed it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts