DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive noticed that when im at idle my rpms can go anywhere from 200-600.

Sometimes it will be a steady 500 or a steady 200, other times it will bob back and forth and back and forth. What could be causing this?

Also I just started my truck up in a parking lot, came to a stop sign and stalled when I came to a stop.

Truck is a ram 1500 06 5.7

Also I am not getting a CEL

Thanks in advance for any advice. I am lost.

I am also not getting any codes to check. Check engine light has never come on.

Plugs are still good. replaced not to long ago.

I have changed the plugs, EGR Valve, Cleaned the throttle body, new battery. Could my PCM possible be bad.

Anyone else having this problem. i have found a few on other sites but havent really been able to get an answer as to what to look for.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
I had that issue on my '06 with the 4.7 the gauge showed a fluctuation but the engine speed never varied. The dealer could never find anything to fix. As for the stalling issue I don't know where to point you. Hopefully someone will.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Hi again I almost forgot to extend a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. How about posting a few photos of your truck? and don't forget to stop in at the Newbie Checkin to introduce yourself, convenient link provided in my SIG!:Hey:

E

·
0 Posts
Man, this is a tough one. My truck idles low but at a consistent RPM except for when the A/C or defroster is on. Then it varies but not by that much.

Having seen this problem posted by others, it could be an IAT sensor or the throttle body. A tech can check continuity for both those areas easily enough.

Without a code it's gonna be one of those things you may end up chasing a bit before you find the root cause.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WEll thanks for all the info. I have been chasing for a while with nothing helping. This week when it idles at 500 it is getting a little shaky like it wants to choke itself out. he dealerships over this way are horrible. All they want to do is sell you crap you dont need.

E

·
0 Posts
Dang...that sucks.

I assume you have cleaned the throttle body and made sure your EGR valve isn't failing, right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea the throttle body was cleaned, EGR is good.

IT is not starting to idle rough at 500 rpm. It does drop to 200 still once in a while. I am at a lost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts