DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 12 megacab dsl, 4x4 with rbh head unit and all the uconnect options and alpine speaker package. my sons have finally swayed me into installing a sub and amp and want to do other speakers as well. i purchased an rca converter but let me tell ya I am so confused with all the cross info out there and i want to do this correct and to the proper wires with frequency i need. please someone have mercy on an old man (46) lol. and school me on what wires where when how and is there a factory amp? I want to look like im brilliant to my sons. but dammit!!! and question 2
I just looked at the amps and that a whole other mess this is what we have to use:
1- 12 inch alpine type R dual voice coil speaker,
2- 12 inch pioneer ts-w303r subs,
1- kicker impulse 1252xi amp,
1- sony xplod 1200watt xm 2200gtx amp...
this is what i had laying around but come across num. per month and usually give to employees and trade offs. I will replace needed items within weeks with newer/better. but do i make a 2 -12 box and use pioneers till new come in or is a 12 alpine enough for an old man?
i plan on removing the storage behind the rear seat and make a custom enclosure as well. but have a tempenclosure with 1 type r to use now. a

·
Registered
796 Posts
Can't help you on the specific wires for the line converter, other than the fact that you will want to tap into the front 2 speaker leads for inputs on the line converter.

The Alpine Type R in the right box will sound much better than the 2 Pioneer 12's. And although that Kicker amp is much better than the Sony, it's not 2 ohm stable, so you'll want to use the Sony until you can get something better.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Love me some Megacabs!!!
Best advice I can give you to fulfill your wish to appear brilliant in front of your sons (I know where you are coming from haha) visit this forum and post this exact question to them....
DIYmobileaudio.com

Those guys know their stuff and will be able to answer anything you throw at them
I also agree with Persuader...type R's over the Sony subs all day

1 - 3 of 3 Posts