DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here, just picked up my new crew cab 1500 in black, I never had a truck before and I love it.
Trying to decide on a bedliner, any recommendations? I've seen Trail FX, Duraliner and Pendaliner but I have no clue which one fits better.
The dealer wants $336 for the OE liner, do you know who makes the RAM factory ones?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Welcome to the forumz,I put a BedRug in my Ram's bed,It's great IMO.:smileup::smileup:.Rob

·
Registered
79 Posts
I love my bedrug. If you don't haul stone or logs for a living, give it a serious look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the feedback, I saw some videos of what they do to prep the bed for a spray on liner and it wasn't pretty, I can't bring myself to have a brand new truck mutilated like that, I figured a drop in bedliner would be better.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My opinion may not be popular here, but I see no problem with a drop in.
I've had them in the last 5 trucks I've had and no issues.
I drive an F350 at work and it is a true work truck with stuff thrown in and dragged out every day. It is a 99 and has had the bedliner in from day 1. It's not pretty any more but still does the job.
My Ram came with a drop in. If it didn"t I would have gone for a Bed Rug bedliner.
We have many of our trucks and trailers LineXed at work and I'm not a fan of the stuff.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Line-X will be better, no question. Don't do drop in liner that will damage your truck bed overtime. my 2 cents.

·
Registered
406 Posts
the drop in liners will move and vibrate and scratch and wear the paint under it like crazy. of your going to use your bed lots definitely the spray in liner is the way to go, if just want something back their, and aren't hauling wood, greasy stuff, i would highly recommend a bed rug, the stand up fairly well and look awesome (especially with the led lights under the rails)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bedliner

Welcome, friend.
I'm on my fourth pickup, three Rams, and a Ford.
Ford was the only one without a plastic liner.
It only had a real heavy (1/4") rubber mat and the bed walls got dented to hell.
My three Rams all had OEM plastic liners. Been extremely happy with them.
In my opinion, the best solution would be the one with the lowest "fuss and muss" quotient.
You would have to decide which vendor available to you locally can provide the fastest turn around for the best value.

I'm not too thrilled with the bed rugs, which are carpet liners.
I am in fact preparing to purchase a bed mat carpet, which will make it easier on my knees.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I had the Dodge OEM bedliners in both my 2003 and my 2007 Rams. I'm going to have the dealer drop one in my new Ram as soon as it comes in. It's a quality product. I have had drop-in bedliners in six truck and have never had a problem with the beds rusting or being damaged.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Crossfire, I will use it for hunting, fishing, moving furniture and the occasional trip to Homedepot, it is not a daily driver. I do not like my vehicles with scratches, dents or any damage whatsoever, I park away from everybody and my 3 year old vehicles look new inside and out. Cost is not an issue for the bedliner and I couldn't fathem someone taking an angle grinder to my bed to prep it for a spray on.
Thank you all for responding, this is a very welcoming forum and I appreciate everyone's input.:smileup:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts