DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The black is Subaru Black granite metallic (lots of red flake) and the flames are airbrushed in chrysler inferno red chrystal pearlcoat.

Really happy with the way the truck performs with this setup, seems to get rolling and stay rolling with alot less effort. Really puts you in your seat when you put the loud pedal down, comes in gradually like a turbo, pretty cool.

Made one small modification to the scoop part, you can see it on the far right (the bracket in front of the radiator was rubbing so i trimmed the plastic with a die grinder. you can see where i zip tied the wireing harness for the horn to the front side of the radiator support to make room for more airflow. I also bent the horn bracket and relay bracket slightly to allow the "scoop" to sit where it needed to sit. Otherwise im happy with the fitment. All in all for the money this is a great mod.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Looks great installed,nice job with the painting,really adds some style under the hood......:smileup::smileup::smileup::smileup:..Rob

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
thanks! now just to get the ambition to tackle the rear suspension
That's on my list of mods too.Going to drop the rear 2" in the spring when it,s a little warmer....:smileup::smileup::smileup:.Rob

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,093 Posts
Looks awesome, really like the detail you put into it, definitely adds a lot to the engine bay! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Nice job man looks really good but im still not feeling it just to big and bulky for me and as far as the rear its cake most important thing REMOVE the plastic inner fender walls or getting to the top shock bolt will be a nightmare.

·
Registered
2020 Ram Sport, night edition
1,519 Posts
Sweet mod and beautiful job on the airbrushing dude. I'll pony up some rep for this job!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys! Macfhionghuin, i totally understand what you mean, its still a bit cold here too....i was going to do mine in my garage but its a little cramped in there and i work out of my garage so it seems like theres never a good time to put the truck in for a project like that. thanks for the tip dodgert, i'm hoping i wont need to go quite this far because i dont plan on changing the shocks, just cutting a coil off a set of stock springs....my truck isnt dramatically raked so im going to start small. Thanks for the rep points Crash!

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
thanks guys! Macfhionghuin, i totally understand what you mean, its still a bit cold here too....i was going to do mine in my garage but its a little cramped in there and i work out of my garage so it seems like theres never a good time to put the truck in for a project like that. thanks for the tip dodgert, i'm hoping i wont need to go quite this far because i dont plan on changing the shocks, just cutting a coil off a set of stock springs....my truck isnt dramatically raked so im going to start small. Thanks for the rep points Crash!
Ahh i got ya man thought you were going with a 2'' drop kit which includes the shocks but ya if you cut the coil the stock shocks are fine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats correct it does need to be removed or cut, i chose to cut mine, i need to trim mine a bit more

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
looks great, I like the "ghost" flames!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks guys, its not that hard really, airbrushes are tricky at first but a breeze when you get the hang of them. Best part is i had all the paint just laying around from previous jobs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts