DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just scheduled my Line-X install for Saturday morning. Pics to come!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I did a bit of research first including on the bed rug and it just seemed that the spray in is the best and lasts the longest.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
I like the spray in liners, will be getting mine before the summer hopefully. I just don't see the point in a rug in the bed? What happens when you haul something like dirt or mulch or something? I don't know, to each their own, but IMO if you use the bed don't put a rug in it...

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
I'm just trying to imagine shoveling, sweeping, etc... mulch or dirt out of the bed and the rug I would think would be a PITA. Like I said, I think it's just up to the person and what their intentions are for the truck.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
No actually shoveling out dirt from the bed rug was a breeze and also carried some fire wood in it quick hose out looks like new and you can remove it incase you sell it. I just cant see sanding and scuffing down your bed to put something in it thats you cant remove and it rips your knees apart to. Having had them both id highly recommend the bed rug over the spray in.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
See I like the fact that it's adhered and permanent. Can't hurt them either. First day I had my truck I threw a block in the bed and it punctured the plastic drop in liner, and dented the wheel well. No worries like that with spray in, and they are sticky so stuff doesn't slide, and they don't move at all in the bed. I like the appearance too. Whatever floats your boat :)

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
linex will fade overtime, will not prevent dents and is rough on the knees. that being said, bedrug can be installed over the linex if someone wanted to. both are good products. had linex been available near me, i would have it also. check the linex warranty and make sure it can be repaired at any linex dealer and just the place where it was installed.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
They have a new product that will not fade, a little more money though. I'm getting a bed cover at the same time so it won't fade so I'm just going to get the regular linex, no need for the stuff that won't fade since it won't see sun. Why are people on their knees in the bed anyway?

I disagree that it can dent. Never dented any of ours even throwing concrete block into the bed. They even use it for military applications (blast suppresion) or coatings on buildings/vehicles for blast suppression.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Bes rug wont install over the spray in its to rough its held in by velcro dont think the velcro will adhere to the spray on liner

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Couldn't you just set it on top? Why does it have to be velcro'd in? I wouldn't think it'd move around much, sort of like a plastic drop in...

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
So it follows the bed bends and stays put its not rigid like the plastic one its kinda limp and will sag on the sides lol

·
Registered
754 Posts
Well IMO the spray in bed liner is the best mod money can buy. Had it done to my 08 and my 11 has the factory spray in. I had my 08 done the same day I bought it. stuff does not move around in the bed. take it to the car wash and put the pressure to it and in three years mine did not fad at all. Plus when i went to trade the dealer gave me $500.0 more for my truck

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Keep us updated... Looking forward to the pics....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll keep you guys updated with pics--heading there in a couple hours.

As far as fading goes, there is a new UV protectant that they can apply for $100 and guarantees no fading for something like 5-10years. The shop told me that without it I would need to condition the bed every so often to keep it from fading.

Since I don't have a cover on the bed, it'll be exposed to pretty direct sunlight here in the south, so I think I'm going to opt to the UV protection from fading too.

I'll be sure to let you guys know how it comes out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Installed! Looks freaking gorgeous. Got $50 off the UV protection which goes for $100 normally, and got $50 off the regular coating, for a total of $529 ($560 out the door after taxes).

If anybody is in the Tampa/Brandon FL area, I definitely recommend this shop. Got the great military discount and the owner was extremely nice.

Overall, VERY happy with the install and new liner.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Yup thats a nice bedliner. I plan to use line-x too. I have not hauled anything in my bed but groceries so far. i dont plan to until I get it lined. Thats a defenite value to your truck. nice decision.! and looks fantastic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts