DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The forum talks about the above spark plugs. I can get Bosch Platinums free from a friend who can't use them anymore (doesn't have the vehicle). If they are the right part number, are these ok for a Hemi?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks anyway...he lifted my spirits just to let them crash miserably by not have the right part number. Oh...and I'm just over the line from you in Purcellville.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
It was probably for the best. The Hemi doesn't really like anything but the factory copper type plugs. :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
anytime i put something other than champion or what mopar calls for stock replacement plug in any of there cars trucks suv i always had it come back and bite me in the @$$. needles to say i put champion or o.e. replacement plug in all mopar automobiles learned my lesson the hard way

·
Registered
698 Posts
It was probably for the best. The Hemi doesn't really like anything but the factory copper type plugs. :)
Brad, I've searched and read quite a few plug threads here, but I've yet to see a confirmed mechanical reason why precious metal plugs aren't compatible with our hemi. I'm not saying they're compatible or making it an issue of argument. I'm just wanting to know what the reason is. I may have missed the thread where the issue was confirmed...maybe even by Dodge. I've seen some threads where some claimed the precious metal plugs gave them operational issues. Again, not arguing against that. But why exactly?

I'm no ignition engineer by any means, but I've done quite a few ignition mods on trucks, hotrods, and motorcycles over the years, and I find it fascinating that our hemi allegedly won't run precious metal plugs.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
my 06 charger rt take champion and my 09 ram take ngk's per dodge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts