DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
This is literally a 5 minute fix, chill out.

This dude is making much ado about (almost) nothing. The dealer didn't do a proper PDI else they'd have noticed the trim and taken the radio out of shipping mode. He's complaining and doesn't have an actual problem

·
Premium Member
32,785 Posts
That is crazy
Besides that Rams trim being different like that, there must be another Ram with different trim too

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just purchased a '19 Bighorn, Black pkg w/level 2 equipment group. In the brochure, it mentions 115v outlets included in that package but my truck does not have it. I've contacted my sales rep about it but will send feedback to FCA shortly after. Still a sweet looking truck but these "attention to detail" issues can be pretty irritating.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
It's a big deal to the owner because it doesn't work. I doubt that almost any dealers are doing the PDI thing. My Jeep was 1.25qts low on trans fluid. No leaks. The service advisor said there was no dipstick and asked how I knew it was low. I said I checked the trans dipstick. He smirked and said "show me". When you lift off the engine cover.....guess what is on the passenger side by the firewall??? Insert cricket noise here. They noted in my records that trans fluid was 1.25qts low after "adjusting" the fluid level.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Sounds like a sequence issue on the line. That limited should have never left the factory like that. Should have been flagged, moved to the repair bay, corrected, and inserted back into the final assembly process.

I don't think the OP's comment about "alway lacking" is right, RAM has built two trucks for me and both are quality and trouble (excluding recalls) free.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
My dealer has a big horn sport on thier lot with chrome door handles on one side and non chrome handles on the other side. I have not noticed any quality issues with my 19 yet.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I doubt that almost any dealers are doing the PDI thing.
I think most are. Of the 2 Rams and 2 Dodges my family has bought in the past 9 years we've had 0 issues with any of them from the factory

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I think most are. Of the 2 Rams and 2 Dodges my family has bought in the past 9 years we've had 0 issues with any of them from the factory
Lucky youuuuu :smileup:
Most haven`t been that lucky. Yours musta been built on a wednesday...lol

This dude is making much ado about (almost) nothing. The dealer didn't do a proper PDI else they'd have noticed the trim and taken the radio out of shipping mode. He's complaining and doesn't have an actual problem
Its still unacceptable tpony, and he has every right to complain about it, it shouldnt be happening. Countless wasted return trips back to the dealer pizzes people off, after spending ALOTTA money. When you see shit like this going on bro, it leaves alot of questions in people minds about the level of quality with other things with their trucks. What about the other things you DONT see.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts

Its still unacceptable tpony, and he has every right to complain about it, it shouldnt be happening. Countless wasted return trips back to the dealer pizzes people off, after spending ALOTTA money. When you see shit like this going on bro, it leaves alot of questions in people minds about the level of quality with other things with their trucks. What about the other things you DONT see.

Actually, and you may want to sit down before you read this, but my Ram was built on a Monday (Feb 25 2013).

What's more, my Durango was built on August 29 of 2014, which was a Friday :SHOCKED:

This is not a countless return trip situation, its an email the service department 2 pics of your window trim and set up a convenient time to swing by so they can take 5 minutes to install the correct one and take the radio out of shipping mode.

It shouldn't be that way, but let's not make this out to be more than it is

·
Registered
1,051 Posts

Not so sure about Wednesday. I work Monday to Friday and think the only good day is Thursday. Monday and Friday is already ruled out, Wednesday stinks because hump day and Tuesday is too close to Monday.

So, everyone should hope their trucks were built on Thursdays only.

As far as the issues in the video, shit happens at he factory. As much as it shouldnt, it does. But what seems to be the issue is that the dealer is not stepping up to fix it. THAT is just as (if not more) unacceptable than the truck arriving built the way it was.

·
Registered
64 Posts

My nav hasn’t worked from the day I took delivery on 7/25/2018. New 12” unit arrived at my local dealer 8/31/2018. Earliest time to get in will be 9/7/2018. Mine just started with the locking up of the screen in the last week. Has nothing to do with shipping mode.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not so sure about Wednesday. I work Monday to Friday and think the only good day is Thursday. Monday and Friday is already ruled out, Wednesday stinks because hump day and Tuesday is too close to Monday.

So, everyone should hope their trucks were built on Thursdays only.

As far as the issues in the video, shit happens at he factory. As much as it shouldnt, it does. But what seems to be the issue is that the dealer is not stepping up to fix it. THAT is just as (if not more) unacceptable than the truck arriving built the way it was.
AMEN to THAT Chris :smileup::smileup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Having a pile of issues with my 2019. If they did a pdi on mine they didn't open the tailgate because they would have caught that they had to slam it so it shut properly. My 2013 had a few trim issues that should have easily been caught on a PDI but weren't. PDI's are a fraud. Someone paying 70,000 dollars for a vehicles shouldn't have to pay to have someone inspect to make sure someone else did their job.

·
Registered
665 Posts
This is a 2018 Ram 1500 harvest, and it is NOT a 4x4! Was at the dealer in huntsville where orig got my Sport. Pointed it out to the manager.

someone got decal happy. However, it doesn't have the 4x4 logo on the tailgate.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
PDI is part of the delivery process to make sure there's no damage and get the electronics out of shipping mode, its not something you're paying extra for, but I guess not every dealer does one. Or maybe some trucks get missed, IDK, that's a dealer dependent thing and not something I've found to be an issue

A $70,000 truck doesn't get any more QC than a $30k truck, the extra $40k is the cost for the wood steering wheel and leather seats with butt cooler.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PDI is part of the delivery process to make sure there's no damage and get the electronics out of shipping mode, its not something you're paying extra for, but I guess not every dealer does one. Or maybe some trucks get missed, IDK, that's a dealer dependent thing and not something I've found to be an issue

A $70,000 truck doesn't get any more QC than a $30k truck, the extra $40k is the cost for the wood steering wheel and leather seats with butt cooler.
Tpony,
your next truck should have a butt cooler, they are really nice :smileup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
When Ram has a shortage on parts they will use whatever they have to get the trucks out the door. The dealer should be notified that the truck has issues so they can let the customer know about it and fix it at a later date. FCA has always had a quality control issue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well I'm convinced. I guess I will never buy another Ram. I'll go Ford or Chevy because they never have problems on delivery.
For crying out loud, Ram has sold 300,000 trucks this year, a few of them will not be perfect. There are humans involved in the process.
But I guess that the posters here have never made a mistake at their work place.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Tpony,
your next truck should have a butt cooler, they are really nice :smileup:

Not for $70k, I didn't pay that much for my Durango and Ram combined

1 - 20 of 45 Posts