DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Ive got an 04 Hemi Ram with only 125k on it

I bought the truck with a rough idle and a check engine light for an evap leak.

$800 later ive got new plugs wires and boots

The misfire returns

New Egr valve, new cps

Misfire returns. Find theres a slight surging on the throttle body. $230 later on a new one

Misfire returns

Find one of the nipples on the rollover valve on the tank is busted. I drop the tank and fix it.

Misfire returns

New IAT, you guessed it

Misfire returns

Go to the dealership for diagnostic.

All new o2 sensors.

MISFIRE RETURNS

Im kinda at my wits end. Ill fix something and the truck will run great for a few days. Then the misfire will come back, but only on startup. If i drive it for a minute it goes away. Then it will get worse a few days later where it misfires all the time.

Ive tried running injector cleaner through the tank, ive 93 octane, ive done relearns

Am i at the point of checking the valve springs for cracks? Should i be doing compression tests?

The misfires show from random cylinders so my mechanic and I cant even isolate it

Please help!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a similar problem. Do you still have the CEL for evap leak? We found a small pinhole, when we did the smoke test. Also put gasline dryer/antifreeze and fuel system cleaners. Haven't had a repeat since.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What cylinder? You threw all these parts at it for a misfire BEFORE doing a compression test? Were there at least codes for these other things?

·
Registered
82 Posts
From
Hi there

Ive got an 04 Hemi Ram with only 125k on it

I bought the truck with a rough idle and a check engine light for an evap leak.

$800 later ive got new plugs wires and boots

The misfire returns

New Egr valve, new cps

Misfire returns. Find theres a slight surging on the throttle body. $230 later on a new one

Misfire returns

Find one of the nipples on the rollover valve on the tank is busted. I drop the tank and fix it.

Misfire returns

New IAT, you guessed it

Misfire returns

Go to the dealership for diagnostic.

All new o2 sensors.

MISFIRE RETURNS

Im kinda at my wits end. Ill fix something and the truck will run great for a few days. Then the misfire will come back, but only on startup. If i drive it for a minute it goes away. Then it will get worse a few days later where it misfires all the time.

Ive tried running injector cleaner through the tank, ive 93 octane, ive done relearns

Am i at the point of checking the valve springs for cracks? Should i be doing compression tests?

The misfires show from random cylinders so my mechanic and I cant even isolate it

Please help!
From driver side wheel well, look toward cab, top of tank near cab wall for a multi-plug. Its fuel line plastic nipples break.
The fix is cut it square, drill it and CA glue in a plastic fuel nipple.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ruff idle ----- replace iac and clean the throttle body. check air plenum to TB gasket.

Bills86e
Clean TB yes, TB o-ring yes (but not likely) but can't replace just IAC lol (and he's already replaced the TB)....hemi has a computer controlled throttle body and it's integrated into and controlled by the PCM. Guessing you don't have a hemi or truck newer than 2008 (all Ram engines after 2008 are fly-by-wire)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts