DODGE RAM FORUM banner

NightRider Plasmaglow Tailgate bar problems

2044 Views 9 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Crash
I tried to hook my TGB up to the 7 prong tralier adapter and when i hit my brakes it does not scan. it is only solid red. also if i have a blinker on when i hit the brakes the blinker switches sides... can anyone help me with this problem?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,439 Posts
Did you hard wire it or just plug it in? If you simply plugged it in, then you might have a bad unit, if you hardwired it, you've probably got something crossed somewhere like mopar said...

I did a write up on hardwiring the other day, here is a link to it, if you wish to go that route.

good luck and keep us updated

Exco

· Registered
3,439 Posts
Matt:

I've broken down what wires do what in my write up...

Black with a gray stripe is the ground
Brown is for the running and stop lights
White with a red stripe is for reverse
White with orange stripe is the left turn signal
white with the green stripe is the right turn signal

Here is a badly done diagram of the 7 pin connector. Hope it works for you, and please excuse my bad art work.

Exco

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill definitely have to try that but its 32 degrees out and just snowed 4 inches. so i think im going to wait until i get some better weather out here. i let you know if it helps. i also used these shitty connectors that my buddy told me to get so i think i need some better ones too.

· Registered
3,439 Posts
I'm not sure what the final terminal does, as I didn't need it or use it. It's not hard to trace down what wire color goes to which connector... just takes a few minutes of tracing the wires.

good luck

Exco

· Registered
2020 Ram Sport, night edition
1,479 Posts
Also for your brakes to scan you need to hook it to your third brake light someone here I think Ransram said there is a tan wire by your spare tire from the third brake for this purpose. Myself I put a jumper from my brake pedal to the harness for the brake controler which is that unused slot in your seven wire plug then hooked into the plug wire at the back. I only did it this way because I did not know about this wire from the third brake light. once the weather warms up I may find that wire and change it. because the jumper works but just... is... well not the proper way to do it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.